Resource icon

Apps CBV Fuel Calc 1.1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
cerebralvortex submitted a new resource:

CBV Fuel Calc - Fuel calculator app for Assetto Corsa

CBV Fuel Calc
Simple fuel calculation app for Assetto Corsa
Why I made it

• I got bored of taking off my VR headset to calculate the fuel I needed on my phone, or just having to use the calculator altogether
  • Predicted fuel usage in Assetto Corsa can't be trusted
  • I ran out of fuel on the last lap during league races
  • There is always someone in the chat asking how much fuel is needed for the race :)

What it does

It essentially...

Read more about this resource...

Thank you!! I have a question, in timed races in a custom championship I set up in content manager, the ai always start the race with 2-3-4 litres of fuel even if it's an endurance race, and so they have to pit on the first or second lap of the race, and then they either only embark a few litres of fuel again for a couple laps again, or even get stucked, all of them, in the pits.. do you have any tips on this?thank you..

Thank you!! I have a question, in timed races in a custom championship I set up in content manager, the ai always start the race with 2-3-4 litres of fuel even if it's an endurance race, and so they have to pit on the first or second lap of the race, and then they either only embark a few litres of fuel again for a couple laps again, or even get stucked, all of them, in the pits.. do you have any tips on this?thank you..

Sorry, I haven't. Never tried custom championships honestly. Maybe try the official AC forum or ask around here somewhere. Sounds like a bug to me !

Can't seem to get the app to show on the sidebar in-game. Running through CM, all app boxes ticked. One or two others not showing up as well. Any insight?
Thanks

try to disable this, not sure though if it helps:
1581279011249.png

Last edited:
idk what is causing this, on csp (CustomShadersPatch) discord we hunted down this option in CM to make the apps working again, especially sol_config would not appear for some, but also some other random apps are affected too for some users, unfortunately no pattern to see until now...
btw the option is for error "handling", so logging should not be an issue and i use this a lot too
btw2: to add to the mystery: i never had an issue like this

idk what is causing this, on csp (CustomShadersPatch) discord we hunted down this option in CM to make the apps working again, especially sol_config would not appear for some, but also some other random apps are affected too for some users, unfortunately no pattern to see until now...
btw the option is for error "handling", so logging should not be an issue and i use this a lot too
btw2: to add to the mystery: i never had an issue like this

Really strange .. hope it will be clear why this is happening soon. Lately I had issues with protyres when upgrading CSP a while back. I have switched to the Kunos tire app since..

Hi!, about the track/car data storage, you are right, if it stores every lap of every session in the long run the prediction would be off. Also the fact that during one session you could use one setup, but in the next maybe you use another setup, this can makes a difference in consumption between sessions.
But an average during a whole session i think it's better than just the average consumption from a few laps in practice, because it will be more representative of the true consumption during the whole race, as it includes the moments where you are going to probably push harder than in practice.
I was thinking this: session Nº1 starts, the first with this track/car combo, so there's no previous data stored and the app calculates it for the first time. When closing this session, CBV stores a "last session" consumption and lap data. Then, you run session Nº2, and CBV allows you to see the numbers from the last session, but begins to calculate new numbers for this session. Then, you close session Nº2 and the data from session Nº1 is erased and the data from session Nº2 stored instead. You start session Nº3 and CBV shows the calculations from session Nº2 and independently calculates new numbers for session Nº3, and so on. This way, the moment you open a new session you can have preliminar numbers that won't represent a big average (with poor precision) from hundreds of laps, instead they will represent just the calculation from previous session, and you can also do a new calculation for the current session and work on it if you have the time to do it. Also in this way you prevent the files that store the combo data getting bigger and bigger over time in an unnecesary way. :rolleyes:

This is the way i would think it's a good way to implement this feature.

Hi!, about the track/car data storage, you are right, if it stores every lap of every session in the long run the prediction would be off. Also the fact that during one session you could use one setup, but in the next maybe you use another setup, this can makes a difference in consumption between sessions.
But an average during a whole session i think it's better than just the average consumption from a few laps in practice, because it will be more representative of the true consumption during the whole race, as it includes the moments where you are going to probably push harder than in practice.
I was thinking this: session Nº1 starts, the first with this track/car combo, so there's no previous data stored and the app calculates it for the first time. When closing this session, CBV stores a "last session" consumption and lap data. Then, you run session Nº2, and CBV allows you to see the numbers from the last session, but begins to calculate new numbers for this session. Then, you close session Nº2 and the data from session Nº1 is erased and the data from session Nº2 stored instead. You start session Nº3 and CBV shows the calculations from session Nº2 and independently calculates new numbers for session Nº3, and so on. This way, the moment you open a new session you can have preliminar numbers that won't represent a big average (with poor precision) from hundreds of laps, instead they will represent just the calculation from previous session, and you can also do a new calculation for the current session and work on it if you have the time to do it. Also in this way you prevent the files that store the combo data getting bigger and bigger over time in an unnecesary way. :rolleyes:

This is the way i would think it's a good way to implement this feature.

That's a good suggestion. But what you are saying is to display the last calculated fuel usage (if there is one present) and meanwhile calculate new session data ? That would mean that once you run 2 laps in that session the displayed values would only be based on those 2 laps. While the average before was maybe of 20 practice laps. Is that correct ?

The setup or even grip level would indeed make a difference in fuel usage. It is not difficult to add up all sessions for the average, but I think it would be off indeed. But then again there is the reset option that would wipe all previous data. So I'm not sure what is better. The suggestion to show last session fuel usage is certainly nice, you immediately get an idea of the fuel consumption for that combo. And maybe starting all over right away is best .. or I can make it configurable perhaps ?

Thanks for the suggestions!

That's a good suggestion. But what you are saying is to display the last calculated fuel usage (if there is one present) and meanwhile calculate new session data ? That would mean that once you run 2 laps in that session the displayed values would only be based on those 2 laps. While the average before was maybe of 20 practice laps. Is that correct ?

The setup or even grip level would indeed make a difference in fuel usage. It is not difficult to add up all sessions for the average, but I think it would be off indeed. But then again there is the reset option that would wipe all previous data. So I'm not sure what is better. The suggestion to show last session fuel usage is certainly nice, you immediately get an idea of the fuel consumption for that combo. And maybe starting all over right away is best .. or I can make it configurable perhaps ?

Thanks for the suggestions!

To be able to see both, maybe a new tab or button in the app window that gives you the choice to display the last calculated fuel usage, or to display the current new session calculation. This would be better, as you could see both whenever you want. The next session you would be able to see the last calculation on those previous 2 laps only of course since that was the whole "last session" calculation done.

Oh and btw, by one "session" i mean the whole practice-qualify-race stunt, from the moment acs.exe is executed until the moment it is terminated.

@WilliamTRiker

Session is a bit confusing because a session in AC is either practice / qualify / race ..

I'm busy making changes as you proposed more or less I think. I am now thinking of having 3 different calculations. One that resets every time the session type changes (from practice to qualify fi.), another one that goes over all sessions but never gets persisted (like in the app right now) and a third one that also gets persisted. You can reset any of them when you want. I still need to see how you can toggle it in the UI, maybe a tab like thing, not sure yet. Also thinking of having a separate view during the race with relevant info for that. Needed fuel for the race, remaning fuel, fuel time, etc..

cerebralvortex updated CBV Fuel Calc with a new update entry:

Calculations based on single, multiple and stored sessions + race view + bugfixes - v1.0

Calculations can now be based on a single, multiple or stored sessions. The calculation types have different life-cycles explained below.

Single session : Resets every time a new session is started. For instance when going from practice to qualifying.
Multiple sessions : Is not reset between sessions but resets when you quit the sim.
Stored sessions : Is not reset between sessions and is stored on disk. Next time you load the same combo, if previous data exists it...

Read the rest of this update entry...

About app scale. I use 2560 x 1440 screen resolution and find this app a bit on the small side for my liking. Hopefully you can add a app scale setting. Thank you.

Hey, thanks for the update!

Yesterday i was thinking maybe the "extra liters" function could be more useful as "extra laps". In this way, it calculates extra liters based on the number of laps you want to add. Think about it.

Btw i'm using 4k monitor, and i'm pretty comfortable with the current size, but if you want to add a scale option, probably it should be the whole app AND font.

Cheers!

Hey, thanks for the update!

Yesterday i was thinking maybe the "extra liters" function could be more useful as "extra laps". In this way, it calculates extra liters based on the number of laps you want to add. Think about it.

Btw i'm using 4k monitor, and i'm pretty comfortable with the current size, but if you want to add a scale option, probably it should be the whole app AND font.

Cheers!

Extra laps works as well, there is a + and - next to the expected race laps info. It will show when you add extra laps that way and count fuel for a whole lap. Extra liters is still handy ! You need some extra.

I was also thinking about sizing the app and font, I can make it available through the configuration.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,069 90.4%
Back