AC Caterham @ Brands Hatch - Sun 23 June 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Sorry about the noise for the short time I was in the server. I have a lot of experience of AC, and online racing, but not TeamSpeak. I had the push to talk button mapped but not this option ticked in capture. By the time it was sorted I had missed the first race.

First race: tried to brake with the clutch in turn 2. Didn't work! :notworthy:. Lost my internet connection in the second race. But until then I had a lot of fun! Thanks Craig!

Thanks for tonight's event @Craig Dunkley , absolutely the definition of your events - fun!

Really enjoyed the amazingly fair fight with @Denis Betty in the 1st race, and the 2nd was fantastic, watching 'Mr Smooth' Ernie @Kek700 , how it should be done... the finish with @Ronnie Böhme must have been the closest I've ever seen in AC events, both showing as 3.4 seconds ahead at the line:O_o:

Thanks again to all, great bash:)

I was pretty sloppy tonight and kept making mistakes. Apologies to whomever I connected with in turn 1 of second race .I thought you had seen me on the inside as we both turned in.

Really feel like I'm learning a lot racing all these different handling cars. Thanks for the setup Ronnie and thanks again Craig. Hope your back turning laps asap.

Much luck again, real tussle with @Pe Ha in first race, convinced he had a bungie strap attached
to my car.
Finally hit him, do apologize for that, should not have assumed he wasn’t besides me and looked
at my radar.:rolleyes:
But i came off worse, went off circuit, this proved lucky because it eventually gave me fifth place, unknown to me it was reverse grid.
Actually got a good start, ( for once ) thanks to my racing buddy John powers @Medilloni his battle
with @Ronnie Böhme slowed both up for a fair few laps, giving me time to get a gap.
But the obvious eventuality of Ronnie catching me became apparent, i knew the last three laps would be
my downfall. As much as driving ability and setup really count in any race, it’s alway the Psychology
of it, that is were all the mistakes and time losses are made.
Try as i may, not to make mistakes, the mistakes started, luckily Ronnie had also made some mistakes, i knew he would up the pace in the last couple of laps, so tried my best to keep my laps clean, this off course created more mistakes.:(
i suppose on the last corner i could ( i was on the inside line ) have run the corner hard and run Ronnie
really wide. But this did not seem the right thing to do as he had track positions next to me, i kept it tight
and hoped for the best. Alias it was not meant to be the obvious happened.:geek:
So congrats to Ronnie and to John for making it all happen, i can well do without another race like that.
i like a comfortable jog, not a “seat” sweater.:confused:
Thankyou to @Craig Dunkley for another great event, and to all i meet in this race, hope i did
not hit anyone in the heat of battle, it’s not easy keeping this car straight.:unsure:

Hi guys, could someone of the fast guys please update a replay of a random lap for personal learning purpose? Yesterday I was frustratingly slow, and I was struggling to keep contact with the group, this resulting in making errors and slowing down further. I don't need the replay of a super hot lap: just the replay of a normal race lap, in order to try to find out how I can improve. Thanks:)

Hi guys, could someone of the fast guys please update a replay of a random lap for personal learning purpose? Yesterday I was frustratingly slow, and I was struggling to keep contact with the group, this resulting in making errors and slowing down further. I don't need the replay of a super hot lap: just the replay of a normal race lap, in order to try to find out how I can improve. Thanks:)
Yes likewise - this would be really useful. I actually picked up a lot from following people during the race which made me quicker (a bit...)

here is my view of @Medilloni 's gearbox from race 2 :roflmao:
i wanted to upload race 1 but for some reason AC didnt save the replay of it.
if someone has a replay file for race 1 they could send me i would appreciate it :thumbsup:

here is my view of @Medilloni 's gearbox from race 2 :roflmao:
i wanted to upload race 1 but for some reason AC didnt save the replay of it.
if someone has a replay file for race 1 they could send me i would appreciate it :thumbsup:
Just pm'd you the download links Paul:) And yes, I saw you catching me but my nerves were shot by then:roflmao:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 23.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 20.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 18.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.6%