• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

EU Caterham @ Brands Hatch - Sun 23 June 2019

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Racing Club' started by Craig Dunkley, Jun 16, 2019.

Added to Calendar: 23-06-19
  1. Ceolmor

Ceolmor
    Premium

Ratings:
    +118
    If there is a LHD car available now, please sign me up.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Captain Condescending

Captain Condescending
    Nerd, Petrol Head, Professional Noob Premium

Ratings:
    +137
    Gonna have to sign out of this one, sorry guys, pc trouble

• Beer Beer x 1
  3. Ronnie Böhme

Ronnie Böhme
    UTC +2 Premium

Ratings:
    +283
    My setup so far.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  4. Dan Costa

Dan Costa
    World Champ Procrastination n' Hoarding Series Premium

Ratings:
    +363
    wont make it to this race. sorry.

• Beer Beer x 1
  5. Craig Dunkley

Craig Dunkley
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,465
    Welcome aboard m8 :thumbsup:

6. Medilloni

Medilloni
    Premium

Ratings:
    +358
    Thanks Ronnie, you're a gent, lost most of my setups yesterday with a pc crash... your timing is excellent!:thumbsup:

7. Stephen Gibb

Stephen Gibb
    SpeedyMite Racing Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Sorry Craig I'm not going to make this I have to go and help out a friend.
    Have a good couple of races guys.

• Beer Beer x 1
  8. Ceolmor

Ceolmor
    Premium

Ratings:
    +118
    Sorry about the noise for the short time I was in the server. I have a lot of experience of AC, and online racing, but not TeamSpeak. I had the push to talk button mapped but not this option ticked in capture. By the time it was sorted I had missed the first race.

• Beer Beer x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Craig Dunkley

Craig Dunkley
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,465
    Been told to rest my legs for bit ...hence why I did not race again.

Was still good to watch though :thumbsup:

Congrads to the podiums :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: and congrads to all the drivers that finished :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hope to see you all again next week :thumbsup:

• Beer Beer x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  10. HF2000

HF2000
    Premium

Ratings:
    +148
    First race: tried to brake with the clutch in turn 2. Didn't work! :notworthy:. Lost my internet connection in the second race. But until then I had a lot of fun! Thanks Craig!

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  11. Medilloni

Medilloni
    Premium

Ratings:
    +358
    Thanks for tonight's event @Craig Dunkley , absolutely the definition of your events - fun!

Really enjoyed the amazingly fair fight with @Denis Betty in the 1st race, and the 2nd was fantastic, watching 'Mr Smooth' Ernie @Kek700 , how it should be done... the finish with @Ronnie Böhme must have been the closest I've ever seen in AC events, both showing as 3.4 seconds ahead at the line:O_o:

Thanks again to all, great bash:)

• Beer Beer x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  12. GEO147

GEO147
    Premium

Ratings:
    +163
    I was pretty sloppy tonight and kept making mistakes. Apologies to whomever I connected with in turn 1 of second race .I thought you had seen me on the inside as we both turned in.

Really feel like I'm learning a lot racing all these different handling cars. Thanks for the setup Ronnie and thanks again Craig. Hope your back turning laps asap.

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 2
  13. Kek700

Kek700
    Premium

Ratings:
    +486
    Much luck again, real tussle with @Pe Ha in first race, convinced he had a bungie strap attached
    to my car.
    Finally hit him, do apologize for that, should not have assumed he wasn’t besides me and looked
    at my radar.:rolleyes:
    But i came off worse, went off circuit, this proved lucky because it eventually gave me fifth place, unknown to me it was reverse grid.
    Actually got a good start, ( for once ) thanks to my racing buddy John powers @Medilloni his battle
    with @Ronnie Böhme slowed both up for a fair few laps, giving me time to get a gap.
    But the obvious eventuality of Ronnie catching me became apparent, i knew the last three laps would be
    my downfall. As much as driving ability and setup really count in any race, it’s alway the Psychology
    of it, that is were all the mistakes and time losses are made.
    Try as i may, not to make mistakes, the mistakes started, luckily Ronnie had also made some mistakes, i knew he would up the pace in the last couple of laps, so tried my best to keep my laps clean, this off course created more mistakes.:(
    i suppose on the last corner i could ( i was on the inside line ) have run the corner hard and run Ronnie
    really wide. But this did not seem the right thing to do as he had track positions next to me, i kept it tight
    and hoped for the best. Alias it was not meant to be the obvious happened.:geek:
    So congrats to Ronnie and to John for making it all happen, i can well do without another race like that.
    i like a comfortable jog, not a “seat” sweater.:confused:
    Thankyou to @Craig Dunkley for another great event, and to all i meet in this race, hope i did
    not hit anyone in the heat of battle, it’s not easy keeping this car straight.:unsure:

• Beer Beer x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  14. Giovanni Chiarotto

Giovanni Chiarotto
    Premium

Ratings:
    +54
    Hi guys, could someone of the fast guys please update a replay of a random lap for personal learning purpose? Yesterday I was frustratingly slow, and I was struggling to keep contact with the group, this resulting in making errors and slowing down further. I don't need the replay of a super hot lap: just the replay of a normal race lap, in order to try to find out how I can improve. Thanks:)

• Like Like x 2
  15. Pe Ha

Pe Ha
    Pete Ha Premium

Ratings:
    +21
    Yes likewise - this would be really useful. I actually picked up a lot from following people during the race which made me quicker (a bit...)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Medilloni

Medilloni
    Premium

Ratings:
    +358
    • Beer Beer x 1
  17. Giovanni Chiarotto

Giovanni Chiarotto
    Premium

Ratings:
    +54
    Thanks mate, this is very useful :thumbsup:

18. PD07

PD07
    OperationOversteer Premium

Ratings:
    +54

here is my view of @Medilloni 's gearbox from race 2 :roflmao:
    i wanted to upload race 1 but for some reason AC didnt save the replay of it.
    if someone has a replay file for race 1 they could send me i would appreciate it :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Medilloni

Medilloni
    Premium

Ratings:
    +358
    Just pm'd you the download links Paul:) And yes, I saw you catching me but my nerves were shot by then:roflmao:

• Beer Beer x 1
  20. Kek700

Kek700
    Premium

Ratings:
    +486
    Yes, i know what you mean about the last few laps John.:confused:

• Haha Haha x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.