rF2 Caterham Academy @ Portland 1998 - Fri 30th July

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
As standard the mod has the cockpit set too far to the left of the screen , im not sure if this will cause mismatch but if you go into the three cockpitinfo.ini files in gamedata/vehicles/caterham and change this line (its the very top one so easy to find)

"Eyepoint=(-0.282, 0.695, 0.738) // cockpit eyepoint (left/right, up/down, front/back)"
to
"Eyepoint=(-0.255, 0.695, 0.738) // cockpit eyepoint (left/right, up/down, front/back)"

Now the wheel should be in the middle in cockpit view
The exact file names this line needs to be changed in are "cat_cockpitinfo.ini", "KL_cockpitinfo.ini" and "R500_cockpitinfo.ini"

No mismatch :D
I only have the caterham academy class unlocked atm, so maybe the off centre problem was only on academy class (i dont know which of the three cockpitinfo.ini's the academy class was which is why i changed them all) so if the other models cockpits become off centre then their corresponding cockpitinfo.ini file just needs to be put back to normal; which is: Eyepoint=(-0.282, 0.695, 0.738) // cockpit eyepoint (left/right, up/down, front/back)

I suspected it'd be OK, but thanks for doublechecking.

I the KL is only for things like the Powertec V8 or Hayabusa & the R500 is another single model.

As we aren't anywhere near those models yet, cat_cockpit will cover everything we currently drive or will be driving in the immediate future.

hmm after looking extreemly carefuly i think putting 255 was slightly not enough 253 is perfect, just a little refinement XD

Eyepoint=(-0.253, 0.695, 0.738) // cockpit eyepoint (left/right, up/down, front/back)
in the cat_cockpitinfo.ini file in rfactor/gamedata/vehicles/caterham should make the in car view perfect :D

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.