Cars not using correct setups

I have encountered some mods, which are not spec racers, where GTR2 doesn't differentiate the setups between the cars. For example, the F1 Legends mod (basically GPL for GTR2, but the creator used fictitious car names); I test the Lotus, create a setup, and leave, when I return I select the BRM, go to the garage, and it has the Lotus setup loaded and set as favorite ....this will not work - the Lotus is a 5-spd and the BRM a 6-spd. This is consistent with any cars, any one i select will load the setup from the last one used. I'm not even certain what file I'm editing if I use the setup screen.

I had the same problem ages ago with an rfactor mod but I've long forgotten the solution (involved simple txt edits for each car in mod).

So, how do I make GTR3 recognize that these are all different cars with individual setups?

hi jgf it is been a long time, nice to see you again ;)

Each brand must call a specific hdc file within each car skin folder and not main team folder as it is been made. That is why I prefer to disable SVM files in general.

Hi,

Thanks for reply. By some fluke of nature I'm still around, older and uglier but still kicking.

What files/lines need editing to make this work?

And if you don't have svm files, where are your setups?

I prefer to optimize hdc files to suit most tracks so, by example hq cars do not need svm files which make gtr2 buggy with very different car models in same team folder.

I do not recall f1 legends path but here is the Idea :
if you have gamedata\F1L main team folder then 2 subfolders for skins in
gamedata\F1L\LOTUS
gamedata\F1L\BRM
then create specific hdc files :
F1L_LOTUS.HDC in \LOTUS
F1L_BRM.HDC in \BRM
Important is to edit hdc at NOTES= line like
Notes="F1 Legends BRM" for F1L_BRM.HDC by example
and
Notes="F1Legends LOTUS" for F1L_LOTUS.HDC
You must have the same Notes= lines in respective SVM files.

Then edit CAR files to call new hdc names at line HDVehicle.

Finally delete any hdc/svm files from gamedata\F1L and you must have specific hdc/svm files inside gamedata\F1L\BRM and gamedata\F1L\LOTUS

Last edited:
Ah, thanks.

There are hdc files for each make in the main mod folder, the "notes=" is blank in each. There are no svm files. There are folders for each make, but they only have graphics, text, car, and talent files. The car files already point to the individual hdc files.

So just move the hdc files to their respective folders and edit the "notes=" line in each.

Well, the problem persists. It is also occurring in the GP37 mod, the ALMS 09 mod, and an old DTM mod (there's also a Porsche 911 GT1 mod which loads Maserati MC-12 setups, but I'm inspecting files there, perhaps the mod was built on slightly edited Maserati physics).

With the issue this pervasive I would suspect a global problem, except most other mods work fine (all additions to P&G work, haven't begun checking GTL yet).

Add the name of the car to the classes line in each CAR file.

I'll use that GPL 37 mod as an example since I still have that one installed for now.

37Alfa
-- Antonio Brivio
--- 37048_37_Alfa.car
---- classes="SIM_FULL,SIM_GTCTC65,1937_GPL,37_Alfa"

37AUNION
-- Bernd Rosemeyer
--- 37001_37_AUNION.car
---- classes="SIM_FULL,SIM_GTCTC65,1937_GPL,37_AUNION"

And so on for the rest or the cars and the CAR files.

You can use just Alfa and AUNION as a class name but any other mod you have installed that has those same names in their CAR's classes line will cause issues. Kind of like cars from one mod showing up in another even though there not suppose to. 37Alfa and 37AUNION as a class name are fine too.

Depending on the mod I will use the same name that's listed in the Manufacturer= line entry of the CAR file or I'll use the car name itself as shown in the GameData/Teams folder. Take a close look at the class line in the stock NGT Porsche's, both the RS and RSR Teams and you'll see the various names that differentiate the two so that a saved favorite setup for an RS doesn't load for a RSR. With their being no real set in stone way to list classes, vehicle names/brands etc you will have to experiment a little bit as mod makers do things different from mod to mod.

If you have saved and set a favorite setup for a car and want to remove it, just open up the Player Name.gal file in the Player Name Folder and remove the whole section below based on what "favorite" you don't want anymore.

AutoLoadEntry
{
Track="Track Name"
Classes="All classes listed from the particular CAR file"
Session=6
File="USERDATA\Player Name\Settings\Track Name\Setup Save Name.svm"
}

Don't have the other mods you listed so can't give you an example.

Last edited:
"Curiouser and curiouser", lol

So each car type (ERA, Maserati, etc.) will also be in an individual class consisting solely of itself? But these classes will need no gdb files delineating them.

Addendum: so far, so good; all GP37 cars have their own setups now; moving along to the rest

Thanks

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 20 22.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 9.9%