PC2 career mode

I am tempted to buy pcars2 for the huge content, but my problem with pcars1 was that the ai had really inconsistent (random) results throughout the season. They didnt really had a set skill level it changed all the time.. results like 1st, 11th, 7th, 4th, 10th etc..
So you never had a rival in the championship and you could win one finishing 5th every race for instance..

so is pcars2 better in this aspect, can anyone who played the career shine any light on this ?

It's exactly the same. An AI driver can be at the top of the podium in one race only to drop down to 10th the following race. You can definently win a championship without ever finishing close to the podium

AI performance also vary hugely depending on the track and cars used. The same skill setting can be wickedly quick on some tracks and laughably slow on others.

I think this is because of how development is done. You have one guy whose job it is to make the AI work, but the rest of the team keep tweaking the cars and the tracks all the time. So one day the AI keeps up nicely with the player in a certain car at a certain track, but then the next day the team changes the friction of the surface or the car balance, and suddenly the AI is much faster or much slower than players. The it's time to release the game and the AI guy has no time left to catch up with the latest changes.

if the game had updates like ac .... it would do welll . but you know its one of them ahhh ive sold it made my money lets make another 1 ... you live and learn first one i bought as i didnt have a wheel when the first one came out . i will not be buying the 3rd unless they update it frequently look at race room man ..... free game and they update it weekly ... legends

AI is not the same this year no, they have clear skill levels. You have the front runners, you have the mid pack people and you have the backmarkers. And they dont change all drivers in a series like they did in pCars 1 each season, so no that is not the same.

BUT, yes AI is REALLY unbalanced from track to track, they are REALLY unbalanced in dry vs wet so races in wet = free win, stupid dev desisions to not just keep scripted weather for career mode but also adding snow to it... And RX AI is broken in career mode, slower then.... Palmer if he was in a Manor. So when/if they fix AI the career mode this year is pretty solid

The "racing" in dry, wet, night etc is great! I love running through puddles of water. Currently on 4th race in the Ginetta career running full length practice, qualy and race. Great car and very immersive in VR.

But as the other have said. The AI act very different on different tracks (dry/wet).
Sad really. You have to look through your fingers to fully enjoy the sim. :O_o:

The AI in the ginetta jnr series are all random joe bloggs peeps in the wet, even at 100 difficulty they are 4s a lap slower than me whilst naffing about drifting ....

In the radical though.... they are all mini Lewis Hamiltons ....

Balance please :thumbsup:

if the game had updates like ac .... it would do welll . but you know its one of them ahhh ive sold it made my money lets make another 1 ... you live and learn first one i bought as i didnt have a wheel when the first one came out . i will not be buying the 3rd unless they update it frequently look at race room man ..... free game and they update it weekly ... legends
The game has only been out for 2 weeks and has already had 2 small updates with a big one coming soon apparently.
AC has been out for nearly 4 yrs and was in no better shape at launch with 1/4 of the features/content that pc2 has, but AC fans tend to forget that part. Not to mention was once considered the worst ai in simracing but were able over time to turn it into a great sim.
I am also a tester for RRE and it does not get weekly updates outside of the beta, just once a month with the odd post update hotfix patch.

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/raceroom-patchnotes-thread.261/

Spouting misinformation creates negativity which this community has enough of already, so please do your research before posting.

research what ? am playing the game online everyday 8 hours each day check my steam i dont need to research anything my post was regarding the updates and comparing it to other games ... did u even forget pc1 existed theres only been one assetto corsa and one raceroom this is the second game and it has many of he same problems as the first ... the game has many many online problems which should have been fixed by now .. as for spouting misinformation o wow i got it wrong with raceroom it was just an example... have you even played the game online ? SO please do not quote my opinions in such a negative way next time !

Last edited:
Everything you said in your previous post was misinformation lol
Not to mention had nothing to do with the ops question regarding career mode.

1. You said theres been no updates.....
I pointed out theres been 2 already with another one coming soon which was confirmed on twitter today by SMS

2. but you know its one of them ahhh ive sold it made my money lets make another 1
You didnt mention one issue in your post but now your assuming there not gonna fix the issues and moving onto the next one.
Ian Bell confirmed in a Q&A that the title will be supported for one yr after release before moving onto the next project.

3. Your quotes in regards to the amount of updates which ac and raceroom get.
I reminded you that your comparing a 2 week old game to 4yr old titles.

PC2 is more than just a pc1 extension and is an invalid point when comparing the 2 just like rf2 has had issues after rf1. New Tire models, physics, ai, live track 3.0 snow, ice, new tech, code etc. all this new stuff changes the core of the engine creating new issues its simply how the programming side of things works
Yes theres bugs that disappoint me but sadly that how games get released these days, not one racing sim has released bug free and all have issues. All you can hope for is the devs address them in a timely matter.

Ya theres only been one AC and one Raceroom but both companies have released multiple titles prior to these and like pretty much every racing sim uses code from past titles. Tweaking/updating old code and adding new. Cant confirm ac as I dont really follow it but I know for a fact there is still code from past simbin titles in raceroom.....just like pc2 uses pc1 and shift 2 coding and rf2 uses some rf1 stuff and iracing uses an old nascar game.

Kunos has released 5 since 2005
http://www.kunos-simulazioni.com/main/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sector3_Studios
Take my comment how ever you want I was just replying to your assumptions/opinions with facts.
And yes I play online daily with the pc version and have posted several bug reports on there forums.

Cheers
David

Last edited:
They didnt really had a set skill level it changed all the time.. results like 1st, 11th, 7th, 4th, 10th etc..
So you never had a rival in the championship and you could win one finishing 5th every race for instance..

Ive now played 3 tiers in career mode, started with the genetta junior, junior uk finals, ginetta gt5 and clio cup series.
From my experience the ai is not like pc1.
Ai varies in talent with the top 10 guys usually swapping places within 1-3 grid spots. I had the top 3 guys usually always chasing me through out the seasons so yes in a way you have rivals.
Ai are not perfect but either is any other title there very clean, will not hesitate to make a pass when the opportunity arises and some will make mistakes from time to time, they race one another and overall pretty good.

The neutral, weather is scripted for each session and cant be changed.....I get why some may not like it cause they want full customisation or realistic driving conditions but on the other hand if its that big of deal you can setup a race weekend in single player mode or launch a server for you and your friends.
Me personally I dont mind it as i am not really a career mode player and prefer racing humans online. Career mode to me is to be fun while challenging and I see it as SMS just showing off what there engine can do....and really where else are you ever gonna have a chance to drive a formula ford in the snow lol

The bad, there slow to get off the grid so you can pick up a few places at the start, theres still a few turns where there too fast or too slow and in rain there pace drops off too much. The biggest issue currently is there pace varies greatly from track to track and becomes annoying when you have to constantly change there skill level for every tack.

On the up....theres a thread on there form inregards to balancing the ai for each track and has had alot of community input so far.....so IF sms use that info the ai should be in pretty good shape soon.

My honest advice inregards to the game.
There are many bugs currently in the game that are annoying, especially if your expecting a polished product at release like many expected. Id than hold off and wait for some updates.

On the other hand if your like me and have just come to accept the days of polished games at release are a thing of the past and mostly all get released in a half ass state and can look past that. You ll find tech, features and certain driving experiences that you cant find in other sims all in one title.

IF SMS can sort the issues make some tweaks and get it polished in a timely matter it will be an overall great package and will force other developers to pick up there game going into future titles.
Love em or hate em I have to give them credit for advancing the tech in the sim racing genre.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 23 17.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 14 10.8%
  • Forum trophies