Can't Get Full Course Yellow With AI?

Ever since the yellow flag feature was implemented in AMS2 I was excited to make use of it for strategy purposes. But over the hours I have raced with AI since, I have never gotten a yellow flag to trigger. The AI never seems to make a mistake large enough to cause one, and in the few instances that I had a large-ish crash the yellow did not come out. Am I doing something wrong settings wise? I have "Full Course Yellow" turned on in the settings and play with 100-102 AI strength on Aggressive behavior.

I have the opposite problem - almost 50% of races (even short ones) seem to get one so am considering turning it off! Maybe it's down to cars classes / circuit choice?
Interesting...what aggressiveness do you set your AI to? I haven't gotten any with it set to High, and I feel like the AI acts suicidal at Max setting

What sims AI obey local yellows ?
Like rF2 it is not until FCY is called that you come under penalty for passing other cars.
So everything you gain from strategy you lose to AI that disobeys local flags and gets no penalty, stuff that ruins races, so you must turn flags off and do as AI do which is the lesser of the 2 evils.

Last edited:
What sims AI obey local yellows ?
Like rF2 it is not until FCY is called that you come under penalty for passing other cars.
So everything you gain from strategy you lose to AI that disobeys local flags and gets no penalty, stuff that ruins races, so you must turn flags off and do as AI do which is the lesser of the 2 evils.
AI cars do slow down for yellow flags in RaceRoom, for example.

Interesting...what aggressiveness do you set your AI to? I haven't gotten any with it set to High, and I feel like the AI acts suicidal at Max setting
They are on high - I've also noticed however that they don't seem to respect position if I fall behind which might be a bug, so if I overtake them under FCY I have to give the place back, but doesn't seem to work the other way round, might be a bug I'll need to report but need to test further...

Hi Champions, only skimmed through and did not see if the initial enquiry was answered, I had the same issue, but solved it by going into the settings and turning penalties and flags on and from there planned yellows worked again.

In my own experiences the user is completely ignored for fcy and only the ai can trigger one. I assumed it's a bug
If the player spins out in the middle of the track and blocks traffic for a small period of time because the AI doesn't know how to get around you or each other (traffic jam), the player can trigger one. I honestly think most yellows that are called (because of AI traffic jams, NOT because of the wreck itself, but can't prove it. This is why IME most yellows that are called are at the beginning of the race, and even that is rare.

FCY rarely come out a Daytona Road with GT3/E and mixed class P1 or DPI/GT3. I've seen the AI on the first turn of the first lap go 3, even 4 wide and the bottom car gets pushed down and run straight head on into the beginning of the wall, flips into the air, falls on top of other cars, all hell braking lose, and no FCY.

The FCY feature needs to be completely overhauled. I don't understand how the game cannot keep a variable that adds up damage on the whole track and keeps an eye on it. If there is a medium leap in sudden damage accumulation, set a high variable that it will trigger. If the leap is huge, call one immediately. How is this not possible? Its a rudimentary but effective way of triggering FCYs without having to micro analyze each individual car.

However they are doing it now is inconsistent and quite frankly broken.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Prizes

• Trophies

• Forum trophies