Cannot see anything but the SKY.MAS file when I export

Hi, everyone,

I've had a really annoying problem with an RFactor track I'd already spent upwards of 60 hours on (which, for me, is something like 5 months because I don't have all that much spare time!): when I export, it says it's done everything OK, but then, when I open the track, all I see is the picture from the sky.mas file. The car is floating in mid-air, but there is obviously something there because I can start the car up, run on the road and hit the walls, even if I can't see them!

I had exported this same track several times to try it out and it had worked OK, but nothing works now. I was adding objects from some Xpacks I'd made, plus others I'd downloaded from this page and it all went wrong, although I have no idea whether it is related.

I'll post some pictures this afternoon, although there really is not that much to show!:mad:

Any help would be really appreciated. I don't need to tell you how annoying it is to be working a bucketload of hours on a project only for it to go wrong for no apparent reason!

Funny - i've had almost the same problem. Everything that i can see in front of my car loads, but the ground beneath the garages is gone and my car just floats in mid air. It's as if all the terrain is missing. It's fine if i don't pack it into an mas, but if i do it's screwed. I'll also be checking out that other thread.

I have started work again on this track, but I still have the same problem. I have done what that post says, but still no joy. Any more ideas?

This is a long shot, but could an XPack be causing the problem?

Its possible, there could be a conflict of materials or texture. Make sure all textures and materials have a unique name.
If you have simed, you can open it up and get a better look at what's going on, you can use it to get data reports of missing textures etc etc. If you don't have simed, you can use the 20 day demo.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.