F1 2015 Cannot Quit The Game

F1 2015 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi to you all. I am sorry if this has been covered somewhere. I am having trouble quitting F1 2015. I don't now haw to get out of the game. I used to have the G27 gearstick and could get out with that, but now I have junked the gear stick for a D.S.D sequential shifter and have lost some of the buttons. Every time I play F1 I cannot get out of the game unless I press the window key and come out the game. Any advise please

That's 8 buttons and a DPAD gone :confused: .......

Well normally I would expect the ESC key to be used to get out of the game.

The left/right arrow keys to select Quit Game (once you're at the main menu)

The Enter key to confirm a selection (like quit game)

Alternatively, as long as you've seen the 'autosave' icon spinning, the game should save, and from anywhere in the game Alt-F4 is the standard combo to close any game and go to desktop

If I need sequential on mine, I jdo ust like this guy does. I can't find the the old video I link I had, but this Italian guy gets the point across. After this you just remap gear up and gear down in the options to 3rd & 4th gear

Last edited:
Well I tried the ESC button but is does nothing, I have not been on the F1 games for quiet a while its F1 2015 that I am trying to play right now, so just wandered if I am missing something. I have 2 DSD button boxes so certainly not lacking any buttons. I will try using a USB joypad and see if I can get around it that way. You would of thought using the keyboard to make any changes to the game including quitting the game would not pose a problem. That's why I junked the g25 gear shifter for the DSD shifter. Cant imagine using the shifter the way you do. I use the sequential when running GT-2/3 cars in Assetto Corsa And Project cars, basically any car that requires a shifter
Regards. Dave:

Attachments

• ST831250.JPG
    ST831250.JPG
    423.7 KB · Views: 311
  • ST831254.JPG
    ST831254.JPG
    425.1 KB · Views: 297
Ahhh, I see you are much more into your racing kit than I am, I like the look of it :)

The elastic band method is just a very cheap alternative, used for the few occasions when a sequential is needed. I am surprised that it wasn't added as an optional extra for the G27. Even the Driving Force GT (the lower end of the range), has a build in sequential.

Whatever you use ........ as you said, you would have thought that the keyboard would work at all times.

The only other thing I can suggest is learning about remapping the keys (buttons) in the actionmap.xml file.

On the assumption that when you start the game, the wheel that you choose is the G27, then you would edit the G27 part of the xml file. In previous games each wheel had it's own xml file, now they have combined them into one file, and started using virtual key codes for the keyboard, the button are the same though.

1/ Connect your wheel and stick
2/ Control Panel > Devices and Printers > Select and test your wheel
3/ Note all the button numbers down when you press a button
4/ Just say you had 6 buttons, and you now know which each one is, Windows have numbered them 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

5/ Normally the computer numbers them from Zero at the hardware level, so those 6 buttons will actually be numbered 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
6/ In the xml file the hardware number will be used, not the Windows number

Example :-

Code:
<Action actionName="DRS">
        <Axis axisName="di_button_7" type="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0.0" saturation="1.0" />

The DRS is button 7, but when you test in Windows devices it would show as button 8

7/ So you open the file - F1 2015/actionmaps/action_map_preset_win.xml

8/ Search the text file for 'G27' (which is line 2615)

9/ Listed below is all the mappings for the wheel.

The equivalent of the ESC key is the PAUSE function. In this case you can see is mapped to button 0, but as I said earlier, Windows knows that button as button 1.

Code:
   <Action actionName="Pause">
        <Axis axisName="di_button_0" type="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0.0" saturation="1.0" />

So if on your setup, you have checked in Windows and the button you want to use to Pause (bring up the menu), which is ESC on the keyboard, is button 17

You would take 1 away from that number (16), and edit the mapping, as this :-

Code:
        <Axis axisName="di_button_16" type="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0.0" saturation="1.0" />

That's just one button covered, but you might need more than that remapped. It just depends on whether the other keyboard keys work, we know ESC doesn't work for you.

An alternative to get the ESC key working, might be to add the virtual keyboard code for the ESC key to the G27 part of the xml file.

This is the start of the G27 section of the file :-

Code:
<ActionMap actionMapName="logitech_g27" deviceName="{C29B046D-0000-0000-0000-504944564944}" priority="5">

Adding the virtual ESC key code under it might get the ESC key working :-

Code:
<ActionMap actionMapName="logitech_g27" deviceName="{C29B046D-0000-0000-0000-504944564944}" priority="5">
        <Axis axisName="vk_code_0x1B" type="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0.0" saturation="1.0" />

Good luck :)

No problem :)

One tip ..........

In all the previous series, after editing the xml file, you MUST restart the game using the keyboard only. That mean going thought the boot screens using the ENTER key for everything. You will lose any in-game mappings for your wheel.

Shut the game down and plug in your wheel and restart, then select your wheel if it's not already been picked up by the game. I don't know what you normally do when you have all those standard G27 buttons missing.

Anyway, what this does is force that XML file to be re-read by the system. Normally that file is read only once, and then you add your in-game settings/mappings if you want, then that's stored in your game profile, so the actionmap file isn't read again, your profile settings are used from then onwards.

If the file isn't read, then the manual edits you make will be ignored. :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.