Cannot access rFactor 2

Recently I have subscribed to new content and unsubscribed old content from the Steam Workshop. When I tried to start up rFactor to again, I got the following message - " [JSON] failed to perform operation, unsupported type ". How can I get rFactor 2 to run again , because one of the Steam Workshop mods must have caused the problem.
WhatsApp Image 2021-08-17 at 09.29.43.jpeg

I am not experienced enough to give proper advice, but from that message it appears that one of your game config files *.json is corrupted (player.json, controller.json, ...). Copy them out of the game folder and in principle rF2 will produce new ones (you may need to reconfigure some stuff). So perhaps start with just the player.json.

S397 is the publisher of rF2. Referring people to their official Discord should not be regarded as unacceptable, specially since, even if RD has many rF2 users, issues such as the one described are solved in a much faster way via S397.

S397 is the publisher of rF2. Referring people to their official Discord should not be regarded as unacceptable, specially since, even if RD has many rF2 users, issues such as the one described are solved in a much faster way via S397.
RD is NOT an official outlet for rF2. It is an IMPORTANT vehicle for news desemination, but you should not expect S397 devs to inhabit every sim forum around the world. Having said that, for those seeking official news or help over at S397's forum, they are often referred to Discord as well. I don't use Discord, I found it too bothersome as it kept intruding into other parts of my day. But the world is constantly changing and to make a statement like Discord is unacceptable because it is not an app a particular user might not use...???? Might as well ignore stop signs while driving, both are there to communicate.

But the world is constantly changing and to make a statement like Discord is unacceptable because it is not an app a particular user might not use...????

Where does this come from? I struggle to see anyone having said anything about Discord here before this? No removed posts from this thread either?

RD is NOT an official outlet for rF2. It is an IMPORTANT vehicle for news desemination, but you should not expect S397 devs to inhabit every sim forum around the world. Having said that, for those seeking official news or help over at S397's forum, they are often referred to Discord as well. I don't use Discord, I found it too bothersome as it kept intruding into other parts of my day. But the world is constantly changing and to make a statement like Discord is unacceptable because it is not an app a particular user might not use...???? Might as well ignore stop signs while driving, both are there to communicate.
I was not too clear and you miss understood what I meant. See above.

Despite any arguments about what or what not is posted here, V4's original advice was sound. rF2 saves information to several .json files after a racing session has been completed. If there is a CTD or other interruption of the post race saves, this can cause corrupted .json files and that creates the type of error message posted by the original thread creator. Move or rename the files suggested by v4v474, or even the entire User Data folder. (back up the controller sub folder so you don't loose your wheel/pedal assignments.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.