Can You Rent an ACC Server?

I used to rent a server for ACC from Rack Service for only $5 a month until they closed up shop. It was a really great deal for our very small league. A few of my friends wanted me to see if there any alternatives available. Does anyone know of a service similar to Rack Service to get a dedicated ACC server from? Please let me know and thanks in advance for any and all help provided.

Under the Steam Tools you will find an ACC Dedicated server, you can install that on any basically compatible Windows PC. It likely comes with some instructions in the install directory of how to set it up, I can't say I have ever used it (I used the Assetto Corsa one for a while) but that is how any service is doing it.

So what you now need is a computer to run it on. You have a few options as to how to progress. One way if you only want it for your friends/league at particular times is to use a cloud billed mostly by the hour like Amazons AWS, you can store the image in the cloud and then boot it up and run the server every week. This isn't a good solution for 24/7 operation however as its stupidly expensive. You could try some lower end Windows cloud options if you don't need many players or Hetzner or someone like that providing gaming PCs as servers for a monthly fee. There are a lot of options to setting this up.

I have yet to tinker with AWS, but I had it in my head that if the instance was running but mainly sitting idle (consuming hardly any CPU time) then the cost was negligible. Is that not how it works?
No, you pay for the hours the machine is turned on. You also pay for web traffic and storage. Ultimately if you turn the virtual machine off you end up only paying for the storage for Windows and the game installed a month and avoid the cost of the machine. I did this for a while with Arma 3 (search my alias and Arma 3 dedicated server and you'll find a guide I wrote for that game) and the monthly cost for ~100GB was about £5 and then we spent about £5 for 3-4 hours of gaming a week, its hard to find a windows box 24/7 for less than £20 a month so it works out OK up to a certain amount of use but you forget to turn it off just the once and the bill could be hundreds.

Thanks for all of your replies. I found this possible solution at the Kunos forums.

I’ll let you know what I decide.

Roger
From my experience with this company. In terms of functionality, it is good. But their supporting is absolutely disappointing. A support request is never replied.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 104 71.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 37 25.3%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 28 19.2%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 30 20.5%
  • No 3pa registration pages

Votes: 30 20.5%