GT Sport Can You Guess the Cars From The Upcoming GT Sport Update?

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
GT Sport Car Preview.jpg

Polyphony Digital founder Kazunori Yamauchi has teased the next car release coming to GT Sport.. but can you identify all nine cars from the above image?

PlayStation 4 exclusive racing title GT Sport has come on a long way since it first hit the shelves following long delays back in October, and with more content and features getting added to the game over the last few months the title is steadily building into a considerably more impressive package than was first released on PlayStation 4, and now thanks to a teasing Tweet from Kaz Yamauchi, it looks like nine new cars are on their way in the next few days and weeks.

Adding a bit of mystery by masking the images of the new cars, we thought it might be fun to do some guessing.. over to you folks!

GT Sport is available exclusively for Sony PlayStation 4.

Check out the Grand Turismo sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news from the hugely popular PlayStation 4 racing series.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to the new content update? Anything strike your fancy from the preview image? Can you name them all? Go on then, give it your best guess!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 503495

• Deleted member 503495

Sauber C9 and Jaguar XJR-9 are a match but the R92CP is by itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
My thoughts, Left to Right, Top to Bottom:

Lancer EVO III, Nissan R92, Lamborghini Miura
?, Fiat 500, Renault Megane Trophy
Renault Clio (not sure exact model, not familiar enough with them), Kia Stinger GT, Sauber-Mercedes C11

The left middle one has me stumped. The C11 I'm not sure on, either; the C11 had a planer front face, whereas this silhouette is concave, but all the other elements are the same as far as I can tell. It's definitely not a Porsche as the first prediction image posits because there's a visible extractor between the front wheels that no 956 or 962 has ever had as far as I can recall.

Middle left is just the C9 again, and bottom right is the XJR9 again, both of which were already premium models in GT6...aside from the general profile giving them away, both have the oval intakes in the middle of the front panel, which the C11 doesnt have...only the R92CP is sort of "new" out of the three, since it was one of the recycled GT4-era standard models up to this point

Middle left is just the C9 again, and bottom right is the XJR9 again, both of which were already premium models in GT6...aside from the general profile giving them away, both have the oval intakes in the middle of the front panel, which the C11 doesnt have...only the R92CP is sort of "new" out of the three, since it was one of the recycled GT4-era standard models up to this point

Not that I'm complaining. That makes it the second-best Group C collection after Project Cars 2, and it should be a lot of fun in GT Sport.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 95 18.8%
  • €151-500

Votes: 134 26.6%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 87 17.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 44 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 50 9.9%
  • €3001-5000