PC2 Can Someone Please Explain the online rating system

I have no idea how it works and cant seem to find and an explanation within the game..
i have won a few races online but my scores gone down ? and its stilll at u grade . i know crashes have an effect etc but no idea really ..

the TLDR version. The Letter is your safety rating, avoid being hit or hitting other cars to improve this, the numbers are your track skill rating. Winning races and staying inside the track racing lines will improve this.

You get punished pretty hard for leaving a race mid race but any off tracks, crossing pit exit lines when you exit from the pits etc.. can cost you a small amount of points but if you only have say one off track and you go on to win the race you should still gain points oh and you earn extra points for beating players that have a higher track rating that you.

When creating a lobby you get to choose what type of people you want in your races, if you just want high skilled clean racers then set the lobby to say B1400 as the minimum if you just want a mix of clean racers then something like D1100 should give you a good mix of low, mid and high skilled players that can get round the track and past turn 1 on the first lap with out causing to much chaos :)

I should add to this, be very careful going in to open lobbys that have formation/warm up laps and damaged turned on.

I was in a lobby that had formation laps turned on with damage on aswell, 30 cars started the warmup lap and only 20 made it to the start of the race and by the first corner there was only 17 and this was on Spa, almost half the cars was taken out by idiots before the race started.

Now that there's a choice to have clean races with this system the majority of the races seen online are either unrated or U. #justhumanthings

ok so if i touch a car slightly this is a collision ? in racing it happens a lot if not most of the time especially in gt racing etc ... i understand there trying to filter the good bad etc but if someone hits me from behind or blocks the race like there are so many groups doing at the minute i get punished ? the penaltys for pit crossing and the rest i understand are needed but surely the system cant tell if someones brake checked your or someones smashed into you from behind ... ?? so its pretty in-accurate really i see many people with good license who cant drive ..
IuDgj3s.jpg

thats my summary ..

Check your rating in an actual MP lobby, just join an empty one to see.

My rating is U15xx on that same screen you've shown, but when I go into an MP lobby it shows it as E149x.
I think the rating info your seeing in that screenshot is bugged.

There is a rank bug where it displays the wrong safety rank and will be fix in the next patch. It is possible to rub a car and not get a warning but if you cause minor damage even 1% it would be enough to trigger a warning.

Ive nudged a car, not enough to cause damage or make the other spin out or anything and got no warning. SMS have said if someone can come with a system that is 100% fair for all they will look at it but currently its not possible as how do you detect someone that break checks another, it can not be done sadly.

My current rank is B1329 i think, my track rank is low because i keep racing on tracks i dont know and keep coming off or i just push my car in the worse possible way but im not hitting others :)

the only way would be for each online race to have a race director who could implement the penaltys .. however this would never work as people could just do it for fun ... so yeah theres not much that can be done really ... another thing is the people who create the servers should have the choice to have ranking penalties on etc ... suppose thats what the ghosts are for tho ... lol

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 25 20.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 18.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.0%