General Can someone explain the love for RSS mods?

It's absolutely ubiquitous, among youtubers and in discussions alike, and in my experience, RSS formula cars leave a lot to be desired.

From what I playtested more extensively, their 1979 and 1990 formula cars are demonstrably inferior to the Bazza 1975 GP and the ASR F1 1991 mods when it comes to sound, and with RSR you lack actual different car models for teams and makers.

The RSS Formula Americas seems to run on fantasy physics too, because the tires seem to have have no friction with the road and the car, left without any throttle inputs, on a flat stretch of tarmac, accelerates on its own instead of slowing down.

The fact that those mods are paid doesn't help the case either.

Is there something I'm missing here? Are they popular because of their more modern F1 cars, which I haven't used much yet? What's the story?

• Deleted member 223075

Ah, frictionless tires and self-accelerating cars, truly the quality I've come to expect from a paid mod by a universally lauded team!
From what i see it's impossible to discuss with you. From my side RSS's mods are top notch quality, with incredible level of details and works very fine.

You can try Sim**eam paid mods and enjoy unoptimized 3d turbosquir converted model.... with generic physic, unapproriate lighting and many things that are terrible poor quality comapred to RSS...

You can try Sim**eam paid mods and enjoy unoptimized 3d turbosquir converted model.... with generic physic, unapproriate lighting and many things that are terrible poor quality comapred to RSS...
Hold up on that one though, it seems RSS has made the discovery that SDD used RSS physics and sounds as a base for their 2022 lineup (shocking, I know), so that wouldn't work either. :roflmao:

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 223075

Hold up on that one though, it seems RSS has made the discovery that SDD used RSS physics and sounds as a base for their 2022 lineup (shocking, I know), so that wouldn't work either. :roflmao:
Someone do the same for ACFL. He copied RSS physic. I don't know why if RSS physic is a crap...

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing with RSS is, that they pour endless hours of love and dedication into every single Car. The RSS GT Pack is one of the very, very best examples of a mod ever created. I'm a cheapskate when it comes to Simracing, I don't own the latest Hardware. But it was not hard for me to pay around 20€ for that masterpiece of a Carpack and give these guys a bit back for what they had produced.
Not to mention the members of the RSS Team are always helpful, and the mods get updated frequently.
But Pics say more than Words...
Screenshot_rss_gtn_ferruccio_36_spa_5-8-120-23-9-41.jpg

If your biggest concern with RSS mods is sounds, it takes about 15 seconds to swap sound packs on Content Manager

You can't really expect a studio of this quality to make 10+ car grid packs from scratch. I think a lot of people underestimate the amount of work that can go into car mods if you're not cutting corners somewhere.

I'm very happy with all purchases I've made personally, they're the best in the business with VRC in my book.

Last edited:
If your biggest concern with RSS mods is sounds, it takes about 15 seconds to swap sound packs on Content Manager

You can't really expect a studio of this quality to make 10+ car grid packs from scratch. I think a lot of people underestimate the amount of work that can go into car mods if you're not cutting corners somewhere.

I'm very happy with all purchases I've made personally, they're the best in the business with VRC in my book.
I honestly don't expect to need to swap sound packs when I pay money for a mod.

I honestly don't expect to need to swap sound packs when I pay money for a mod.

And honestly nobody expects you to do it, it's not that the mod comes with no sounds, it was just a suggestion aimed at improving your experience.

It's totally fine, you bought something that did not please you 100%.. it happens, have you ever had a meal you did not enjoy 100%? Did you make a youtube video about it? You don't like it, don't buy more mods from them... why the need to find some kind of universal truth that cannot exists?

Last edited:
It's totally fine, you bought something that did not please you 100%.. it happens, have you ever had a meal you did not enjoy 100%? Did you make a youtube video about it? You don't like it, don't buy more mods from them... why the need to find some kind of universal truth that cannot exists?
Because it's current year and outrage and public shaming is en vogue. You could silently ask for a refund or some help, but you can't cope with anything being your own fault or just happenstance. So you go cry to on the internet.

It's absolutely ubiquitous, among youtubers and in discussions alike, and in my experience, RSS formula cars leave a lot to be desired.

From what I playtested more extensively, their 1979 and 1990 formula cars are demonstrably inferior to the Bazza 1975 GP and the ASR F1 1991 mods when it comes to sound, and with RSR you lack actual different car models for teams and makers.

The RSS Formula Americas seems to run on fantasy physics too, because the tires seem to have have no friction with the road and the car, left without any throttle inputs, on a flat stretch of tarmac, accelerates on its own instead of slowing down.

The fact that those mods are paid doesn't help the case either.

Is there something I'm missing here? Are they popular because of their more modern F1 cars, which I haven't used much yet? What's the story?
So, I bought the RSS 1990 V12 this week, and I'm having lots of fun. The default skins are bad, but a skin pack with the real names fixed it. The way the car behave is nervous, yet predictable. IDK if it's realistic, it is fun to drive. I thought the sounds were fine as well, until I read your message, downloaded the ASR 1991 and amazed myself.

The different sounds of each ASR almost made me cry of joy. The models are well made, not THE BEST I've ever seen, but very, very good. And then I started to run - and spin - many times. It's a hard car pack to master.

After a couple of hours of racing, I do believe the ASR is more realistic (combining sounds, different models for each vehicle, real names/skins out of the box), but it is also way harder to drive. So, maybe the 1991 is just "too hard" to get viral/praised. Another thing is that people often try to "defend" things they bought, and for years 1990 didn't have a proper competition and get all the fame. Now is hard to convince people that's something free that is better.

I was losing the rear badly and unexpectedly Wwen going through the eau-rouge complex with the 1991. I was disappointed with the physics TBH. Then I realize the floor was touching the asphalt, and that caused the loss of downforce. I realize it by looking at other cars and it's sparks. That's awesome, what an incredible experience! I didn't had this kind of feeling with the RSS car. But why? Is the ASR more difficult than the real cars? Is the RSS easier than real cars? Could it be that 1990 was simply an easier year in F1 and both packs are perfect?

In conclusion, both are excellent choices to have fun - one more complex and difficult, other more simple and easy. The choice of what's better depends on the individual. I do agree with you, OP, that on the technical aspect the ASR is better, but I don't know if that's what people - me included - want above all else.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 63 29.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 44 20.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 26 12.1%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.5%