Can I convert RaceDepartment AC track to RF2?

Hi. I was wondering if it would be legal to convert tracks developed by RaceDepartment from AC to RF2.

Any of this tracks: https://assettocorsa.club/mods/tracks/

Thanks in advance.

None are made by RD.

To convert - you would need to contact the original creator and ask for permission! :)

As an rF2-fan, and rF2 Racing Club staff here, I really hope you do get permission from the original creators :)

None are made by RD.

To convert - you would need to contact the original creator and ask for permission! :)

As an rF2-fan, and rF2 Racing Club staff here, I really hope you do get permission from the original creators :)
And how can I know who is the original creator? I thought they were done by RD because I can see on the bottom "Version from Race Department"

And how can I know who is the original creator? I thought they were done by RD because I can see on the bottom "Version from Race Department"
Racedepartment tries to make sure that only legal tracks are uploaded here.
The community needs to report tracks that aren't legal so the staff team can look into it and remove the upload if necessary.

RD only hosts the uploads, everyone can upload his track to this page.

If another site states "Version from Racedepartment" it simply means they either linked the upload hosted here at RD or they downloaded it from here and uploaded it on their own site, which isn't nice...

The author is listed on every download page here at RD:

Author is Fat-Alfie

In this case you'd need to ask him for permission.

Go to the RD AC mods section and use the search function (top bar, far right). be sure to use the dropdown to select "This Forum" and check the "search titles only" box.
Have you converted tracks already? Where can I get them?
Cheers.

Thanks for your replies. I haven't converted anything from AC yet. Just some rFactor 1 stuff.
One of the tracks I want to convert is Okutama Touge 2. I've tried to find the creator but it seems like none knows who is. So I guess I am free to convert the track to rFactor 2 then?

Thanks.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea