camera_onboard settings

Hey, I'd like to share my camera setting that every cockpit user will like very much I believe.

Some of those settings are available in game but here you've got everything in one place.

Navigate to your Documents folder / Assetto Corsa / cfg - make a backup of "camera_onboard" , open it and set it up like this

[MODE]
IS_WORLD_ALIGNED=0 - this on 0 is a must have

[GFORCES]
MIX=0.00100,-0.00140,-0.00075 (the first value is correct, positive)
LAG=0.7

[SHAKE] (this will replace the strong regular shakes with lighter and more random ones)
SCALE=0.00050,0.00080,0.00030
FREQ=75,75,50
RANDOM=2.5

[ROTATION]
HEAD_MAX_DEGREES=25
SPEED=20

This will allow you to understand much better what's going on with the car and it makes judging the speed much easier + (HEAD_MAX_DEGREES=25) actually allows glancing to be used when cornering, you can set the glancing speed in game.

Try them guys, tell me what you think and post your settings if you don't like mine.

I don't have such file, i have only camera_onboard_free and in it it's not the text you have written :/

Since one of the patches the camera_onboard file is pretty much dead, now you do most of the editing in the camera_manager one.

Don't know if this is what you're after but I found those on the official forum.
Go to Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg and replace only the given lines

camera_manager

[SHAKE]
GFORCEX=0
GFORCEZ=0.4
GFORCEY=0.4
SHAKEMULT=0.5

camera_onboard

[MODE]
IS_WORLD_ALIGNED=0

[GFORCES]
LAG=0

[SHAKE]
FREQ=50,50,50

Last edited:
Sounds like you're talking about the "Lock onboard camera to horizon" but that's the same as "IS_WORLD_ALIGNED", have you got it unchecked in the view options ? Maybe you're still editing the wrong file ;)

Since the update 0.8.5 now when i press F5 and i try to move the camera via keyboard, it wont work, only by mouse.

Anyone to know how to fix this ?

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 50 27.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 36 19.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 21 11.4%
  • Forum trophies