Camber Extravaganza Cars Mod

Misc Camber Extravaganza Cars Mod 9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Can you please explain where and how these files are generated by CM? This way we would not be depending on someone to create them for us every time we download a new mod...

In the same directory as this mod: camber-extravaganza\tyres_data\
But, as I said, CM will create a .json file with folder name instead car name.
For example: content/cars/XX/X_X.kn5.
CM will create a filed called XX.json but you have to rename it to X_X.json

In the same directory as this mod: camber-extravaganza\tyres_data\
But, as I said, CM will create a .json file with folder name instead car name.
For example: content/cars/XX/X_X.kn5.
CM will create a filed called XX.json but you have to rename it to X_X.json
I have just checked, and i found something different. CM will not create the XX.json. Rather it creates a file called added-by-cm.json in camber-extravaganza\tyres_data\. This holds the data of the last car or current car you are driving. You can make a copy of this file and then rename it to the car_name.json. But i also found out it does not work for every mod. Then you get the "unrecognized car" error in the app, even though the added-by-cm.json looks correct for the car. (i did copy and rename with the correct car name from kn5 file)

Last edited:
I have just checked, and i found something different. CM will not create the XX.json. Rather it creates a file called added-by-cm.json in camber-extravaganza\tyres_data\. This holds the data of the last car or current car you are driving. You can make a copy of this file and then rename it to the car_name.json. But i also found out it does not work for every mod. Then you get the "unrecognized car" error in the app, even though the added-by-cm.json looks correct for the car. (i did copy and rename with the correct car name from kn5 file)
Yes, you're right, I forgot the right file name.
I only had this problem with one modded car and, after tell it to the creator, we can do it as I explained before.
I don't use this app for long time but, what car is if I can ask?

Yes, you're right, I forgot the right file name.
I only had this problem with one modded car and, after tell it to the creator, we can do it as I explained before.
I don't use this app for long time but, what car is if I can ask?
It's the alfa romeo gt scalino from assettopedia. It was for download only 24hours, so no longer available. I managed to fix it for another mod that didn't work, but not for this one as the naming seems to much different between file name and internal name. For reference, it helps to look at log.txt to see the internal name used for the car, that should match with the name in the json file. I don't always use the app, but i find it handy for reference. Sometimes the creators seems to have gone a bit odd with the default settings.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.