Call of Duty 5: World at War

Call Of Duty 5 World At War

Call_of_Duty_5_cover_art.PNG

Call of Duty 5 World At War Preview

Players: 1-2
Online (Co-Op): 2-4
Online Multiplayer: 2-16

Background:
Call of Duty: World at War thrusts players into the ruthless and gritty chaos of WWII combat like never been before, and challenges them to band together to survive the most harrowing and climactic battles of WWII that led to the demise of the Axis powers on the European and South Pacific fronts.

Gameplay:
From the remains of Russia and the ruins of Berlin, to the beach and jungles of the deadly Pacific Theater, the volatile action takes on added depth as players employ new features that previously were only available in multiplayer, including perks, rankings and online stats in up to four-player cooperative gameplay, and take advantage of the new infantry and vehicle-based weapons, like the potent flamethrower, that will set the battlefield ablaze.

Features:

• Call of Duty 4 Technology – Built using the Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare engine, Call of Duty: World at War utilizes a bedrock of technology that delivers jaw-dropping visuals, while empowering players to employ elements like fire to affect the dynamics of the battlefield. Players that attempt to harness the power of new weapons, like the flamethrower, will find themselves capable of burning away environmental elements that give cover to a camouflaged enemy, leaving a charred battlefield– and their foes – in their wake.
  • Coordinated Assault and Support – For the first time in the franchise, Call of Duty: World at War introduces co-op, bringing fresh meaning to the "No One Fights Alone" mantra. Call of Duty: World at War co-op features up to four-players online, or two-player local split-screen, allowing gamers to experience harrowing single-player missions together for greater camaraderie and tactical execution. The title also incorporates traditional multiplayer components such as challenges, rankings and online stats into the co-op campaign for deeper re-playability and advanced gameplay..
  • New Theaters of Operation – Players fight as U.S. Marines and Russian soldiers facing enemies – some new to the Call of Duty franchise – that employ lethal new tactics and know no fear, no mercy, nor the rules of war. Epic conflicts are fought on multiple fronts, playing through the climactic battles of WWII in the grittiest, most chaotic and cinematically intense experience to date.
  • Innovative Multiplayer – Multiplayer builds from the success of Call of Duty delivering a persistent online experience for more squad based interaction. New development with party systems allows an intimacy with squad based combat never before seen in Call of Duty. Combined infantry and vehicle missions add a new dimension to the online warfare and offers more PERK abilities.
  • Cinematic Quality Graphics and Sound – Treyarch's award-winning sound department returns with effects that add to the already immersive cinematic intensity of the Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare game engine.

Wasnt planing on paying any attention to Call Of Duty games any more, till i saw the word co-op!!!

Nothing better in a 1st person shooter then co-op play, does anyone know if this will work cross platform so i can get it on PC and play with my friends on Xbox?

Singleplayer was just about the worst thing ive ever played - came close to GRID on the crapness scale. Only 2 or 3 levels seemed to be well thought out and they were good fun, but the rest is just shocking when compared to Modern Warfare.

Cant wait until Infinity Ward are back to bring out CoD6

Singleplayer was just about the worst thing ive ever played - came close to GRID on the crapness scale. Only 2 or 3 levels seemed to be well thought out and they were good fun, but the rest is just shocking when compared to Modern Warfare.

Cant wait until Infinity Ward are back to bring out CoD6

LOL so i don't have to play the single player :)
I just stick to the Multiplayer :) Hope to see you guys sometime to kick some ........

• Jacek Kozlowski

I was rather disappointed with Far cry2 and Brothers in arms but World at War is awsome!!!Specially Multiplayer is great.Been playing it for few days and really enjoying it.Its nothing revolutionary i think,but its best WW2 game for me...

Online (Co-Op): 2-4
this feature is why i booked
Multiplayer isnt really fun reminds me always on Quake etc....
kill kill kill forget to think kill kill kill :chuck:
sry Maximus for my opinion about multiplayer gaming :bulgy-eyes:
however if we can organize a little battle or join the same online server
would be cool or attack one server in same time with 20 RD ppl ....:clap:

I was rather disappointed with Far cry2 and Brothers in arms but World at War is awsome!!!Specially Multiplayer is great.Been playing it for few days and really enjoying it.Its nothing revolutionary i think,but its best WW2 game for me...

Agreed with you about FC2. There is something a bit disappointing about it once you get over the visuals. I feel a bit the same with World at War. Yes, it's Call of Duty so it's terrific visuals, sounds etc. But it feels too...... I don't know, disappointing. Hell's Highway on the other hand I love, Can't stop playing it.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.3%
  • Trophies

Votes: 25 11.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%