Buttkicker Splitter making PC speakers mono

I'm using the Buttkicker Gamer 2 (without simvibe), and it has as y-splitter, so you can plug in your external speakers and Buttkicker at same time. If I plug both my speakers and Buttkicker into the y-splitter and test the audio, it becomes mono. If I unplug the Buttkicker from the Y-splitter, so that only my PC speakers are plugged into the Y-splitter (which is plugged into stereo out of my laptop), then it becomes stereo again.

How can I use both my external speakers in stereo as well as my Buttkicker on my laptop without using using SimVibe or Sim Shaker Wheels software is not an option as I can't add another sound card to my laptop (and I'm told USB sound cards don't work)?

Pretty sure you can get Sim Shaker Wheels to work with a USB soundcard - it literally allows you to choose which windows sound device you want to drive sounds through for the BKg.

Personally I do it the reverse way and use my PC's internal soundcard for SimShakerWheels, and a usb 7.1 soundcard I got with my headphones for game sound. Works perfectly.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 14 11.4%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 11 8.9%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 11 8.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • Friday

Votes: 44 35.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 73 59.3%