Building A Custom Rig / Black Aluminium Profile / Cut To Size UK - Europe

Mr Latte

Premium
None of the current cockpit rigs fit my needs.
I need to make a new rig frame to larger size, so looking some advice on where I can get a cut to size service.

Requirements:
Profile slot type to match Simlab etc
Black finish upto 160mm
Primary rig frame length @1500 mm

This custom build will seek to incorporate a linear based guide rail option for the seat and pedal platforms.

Possibly using one of the following:
SBR 20 / SBR 25
SFC 20 / SFC 25
Linear Guideway Rail

Any advice or user experience with these would be appreciated.
I have bought some components of these but not decided yet which may be the better option or options to consider.

Last edited:
Hi @Mr Latte you could always give KJN in Leicestershire a try for your profile requirements.

I have built a number of add on projects for my using their cut aluminium profiles and supporting parts.

I have supplied drawings/ dimensions and part numbers for their reference, they quote, I pay online and they cut / drill etc as required/ get parts together and I then collect when ready, as I’m local to them.

They may not be the cheapest out there, but you do get what you pay for often, and the profile cutting is always very sharp / clean and the parts are top quality too.

I can wholly recommend them.

I believe they also do shipping too.

Have a look here https://www.aluminium-profile.co.uk/

Hi @Mr Latte you could always give KJN in Leicestershire a try for your profile requirements.

I have built a number of add on projects for my using their cut aluminium profiles and supporting parts.

I have supplied drawings/ dimensions and part numbers for their reference, they quote, I pay online and they cut / drill etc as required/ get parts together and I then collect when ready, as I’m local to them.

They may not be the cheapest out there, but you do get what you pay for often, and the profile cutting is always very sharp / clean and the parts are top quality too.

I can wholly recommend them.

I believe they also do shipping too.

Have a look here https://www.aluminium-profile.co.uk/

I do not think they offer black 160mm though...
Which of the two variants they offer are a match for Simhub or Trak Racer based components?

I remembered Motedis also after my post as the name had went out of my head but would need a link or advice on which is the proper type of profile to purchase from them.

@Mr Latte I found when I built my rig in 2022 sources for 160 mm black profile in the UK seemed scarce and I think Motedis was an option albeit with shipping from Germany.
I ended up using KJN and stuck with the silver option, with hindsight the silver option has survived any alterations better than the black parts of extrusion I have from SimLab.
I used the Bosch Rexroth range and choose the 10mm slot variation. Not sure why I went with the 10mm instead of the 8mm but it hasn’t effected me using components from SimLab, SimCore or Trakracer, the only thing I need to is buy fixings that allow the parts to be mounted.
The 10mm slot has also proved very handy for cable management as I can hide cables under the slot covers I purchased.

Thanks for posting and offering to help...
Could use KJN for 80mm or 40mm parts I may need.

I have had black in mind but know it may show more wear/tear.
Just feel it will match better with my PC and contrast nicely with the monitor etc.

I did get some parts from TRAK RACER already that were on sale and think I can make use of with the custom build. Have considered just buying a 160 based rig and modifying it. Maybe the 160MK4 or P1X Pro from Simlab.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back