Budget Wheel for F1 2016

I'm a casual racer on a budget and want to upgrade to using a wheel. Nothing fancy, but something that won't give me any problems. I've been looking at a couple and this one seems reasonable for price and has some decent reviews Thrustmaster Ferrari Racing Wheel - Red Legend Edition . https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FB5R1A...B18TAJ7DSMERPHW50&ie=UTF8&qid=1500319270&sr=1

Has anyone tried this wheel or have found something around a similar price that works for F1 2016? I'm hoping if the steering isn't bad in F1 2016 it won't be soo bad on 17

I'm just posting so I can follow this thread in the future. I would have the same questions as soon as I upgrade everything I own to PS4. I'll likely wait til F1 2018 comes out so we can get Malaysia off the calendar and Germany & France back on it. I currently use a PS3 for F1 2014, so I'm missing out on Mexico and Baku circuits, as well.

Upvote 0
You really should aim for something that has acceptable force feedback. This is a bungee cord wheel. For a similar price, you might be able to find a used Logitech DFGT wheel.

Upvote 0
Bungee cord = no forcefeedback (FFB)
It will be nicer than a controller because "steering wheel", but if you anticipate getting hooked, then something with FFB will be better in the long run.

Upvote 0
Keep in mind the experience will be quite different with a bungee wheel and something like the dfgt. My guess is if you get a dfgt or nicer you will get hooked. With a wheel without any feedback I would guess you may not get hooked or see what all the fuss is about.

I personally would suggest getting a used dfgt, or at the minimum the df pro that came before the dfgt.

Upvote 0
Well, they're more like buttons than actual paddle shifters, but they work quite good.
logitech_dfgt_03_thumb.jpg

Upvote 0
So I went with a T150. Luckily Newegg had a 20% sale on it, so I picked it up. Spent way more than my budget, but I'm glad. Definitely swayed me on making sure I got a FFB Wheel, way too excited to get my hands on this wheel. I'll have about three weeks to get used to it before F1 2017 drops.

Upvote 0
I think you won't regret getting a FFB wheel instead of a bungee cord one :thumbsup:

And with a T150, you even have a path to easily upgrade further if you want, like getting the T3PA pedal set or the TH8A shifter.

Upvote 0
It will come on Monday and I'll post how I feel about it. Unfortunately I keep hearing that the pedals have little no resistance in them, so I've been looking at a mod that people have been using a squash ball to add resistance. Do you think a Racquetball would be too big? I will probably pick up a three pack and cut them into different shapes and sizes. There isn't a place locally that sells squash balls....

Upvote 0
Can't really comment on T150 pedals, but on T300 pedals (I believe they should be pretty much the same, but I'm not sure about that), the squash ball doesn't fit, it's too big. And even if it would fit, it would limit the pedal throw too much. Racquetball ball is even larger I believe. So you have to improvize. Something along those lines, for example:

Upvote 0
Yeah this was the other option I was thinking of, I'm worried about the rubbers coming off of the adhesive like the guy in the video had mentioned. I would rather not glue anything to my brand new stuff =/

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea