• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured BTCC: Thruxton Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Motorsports' started by Paul Jeffrey, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +23,387
    BTCC Thruxton Discussion Thread.jpg
    Welcome to the central discussion thread for the 2019 Kwik Fit British Touring Car Championship at Thruxton.

The fastest circuit in the UK plays host to the next round of an incredibly exciting British Touring Car Championship. With the ever present danger of the old school Thruxton track always ready to catch out the premier British tin top drivers, rarely does the Hampshire circuit fail to turn up a spectacular weekend of track action.

Following an exceptional event last time out at Snetterton, the BTCC field reconvene once again to continue another classic season of touring car racing. Early pace setter Colin Turkington holds top spot in the standings with his new BMW 330i M Sport, the Northern Irishman sits 36 points clear of BMW stablemate Andrew Jordan, with Rory Butcher a further 33 adrift in the venerable Honda Civic FK2.

If Thruxton itself wasn't enough to get you excited, the weather in England has been lousy these last few days - so expect a little bit of the wet stuff to spice things up over the weekend...

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

• Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. MarcG

MarcG
    Premium

Ratings:
    +739
    Slight chance of Showers today & Tomorrow could spice things up in the Races, I shall be watching from the comfort of my bed tomorrow with an undoubtedly MAHOOSIVE hangover after todays Soccerball Drinking Session!

Edit: Oh and watching Rudy Van Buren in the rFactor2 Sponsored Porsche Carrera Cup from the Nurburgring .

3. Jonathan Young

Jonathan Young
    Premium

Ratings:
    +69
    Possible to watch BTCC from the US does anyone know? I’m from the U.K. but live stateside now and have fond memories of tin top racing back home. I didn’t live too far from Thruxton, and did go to see a BTCC race there once, good fun.

4. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +5,522
    You could VPN and watch all of the day on ITV 4.
    They show all the support races, and today's qually is on the ITV website.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke
    Premium

Ratings:
    +3,182
    If anybody is there this weekend, support the up and coming drivers, with a poster and hat signing session at the Richardson Racing Garage for Ginetta Juniors. Will Martin

• Like Like x 2
  6. Koen Verlinde

Koen Verlinde

Ratings:
    +270
    Remember kids, any time a car spins out or crashes take a sip of your preferred alcoholic beverage.

• Haha Haha x 3
  7. Matthew Allington

Matthew Allington

Ratings:
    +209
    And I've got tomorrow booked off work coincidentally, so I can actually do this without fear of being late to work in the morning :roflmao:

8. stevem

stevem
    GearGrinder Premium

Ratings:
    +64
    I watch the replays on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_QBME2DnJVm7VfnO7QboOg

• Like Like x 5
  9. MarcG

MarcG
    Premium

Ratings:
    +739
    Plato should've gone to Specsavers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. MarcG

MarcG
    Premium

Ratings:
    +739
    That Ginetta race was immense, never fails to provide excitement.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke
    Premium

Ratings:
    +3,182
    That Ginetta Race with Will Martin (who came to my house and test the G40 on my rig) was just amazing.

This is his last year in the Ginetta's, I seriously hope he gets a seat elsewhere next year, poss Ginetta Supercup

• Like Like x 1
  12. davehenrie

davehenrie

Ratings:
    +91
    I thought you were going to say another Driver got his Pro License...... :)

13. Stuntman Daz

Stuntman Daz

Ratings:
    +4
    How about that Clio Cup race? I don't normally watch the support races but so glad I did yesterday

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +5,522
    I think you'll miss some great racing if you don't watch them, plus you get to see the up and coming drivers.
    I seldom can spend all day watching, Ibbelong to a generation that turned the telly off when visitors arrive, but I record it and enjoy it piecemeal.

15. Koen Verlinde

Koen Verlinde

Ratings:
    +270
    Nah drinking wine and simracing is as far as I'll go.

16. ears

ears
    Listen, we're bona fide, we're not from London. Premium

Ratings:
    +508
    Yeah that's been bubbling up for a few rounds now. I think the last few races will be explosive.

I'm in camp Coates. I think Young has been too aggressive in the car and nonchalant out of it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.