BTCC: Thruxton Discussion Thread

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
BTCC Thruxton Discussion Thread.jpg

Welcome to the central discussion thread for the 2019 Kwik Fit British Touring Car Championship at Thruxton.

The fastest circuit in the UK plays host to the next round of an incredibly exciting British Touring Car Championship. With the ever present danger of the old school Thruxton track always ready to catch out the premier British tin top drivers, rarely does the Hampshire circuit fail to turn up a spectacular weekend of track action.

Following an exceptional event last time out at Snetterton, the BTCC field reconvene once again to continue another classic season of touring car racing. Early pace setter Colin Turkington holds top spot in the standings with his new BMW 330i M Sport, the Northern Irishman sits 36 points clear of BMW stablemate Andrew Jordan, with Rory Butcher a further 33 adrift in the venerable Honda Civic FK2.

If Thruxton itself wasn't enough to get you excited, the weather in England has been lousy these last few days - so expect a little bit of the wet stuff to spice things up over the weekend...

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Slight chance of Showers today & Tomorrow could spice things up in the Races, I shall be watching from the comfort of my bed tomorrow with an undoubtedly MAHOOSIVE hangover after todays Soccerball Drinking Session!

Edit: Oh and watching Rudy Van Buren in the rFactor2 Sponsored Porsche Carrera Cup from the Nurburgring .

Possible to watch BTCC from the US does anyone know? I’m from the U.K. but live stateside now and have fond memories of tin top racing back home. I didn’t live too far from Thruxton, and did go to see a BTCC race there once, good fun.

Kenny Paton

Staff
Premium
Possible to watch BTCC from the US does anyone know? I’m from the U.K. but live stateside now and have fond memories of tin top racing back home. I didn’t live too far from Thruxton, and did go to see a BTCC race there once, good fun.
You could VPN and watch all of the day on ITV 4.
They show all the support races, and today's qually is on the ITV website.

That Ginetta Race with Will Martin (who came to my house and test the G40 on my rig) was just amazing.

This is his last year in the Ginetta's, I seriously hope he gets a seat elsewhere next year, poss Ginetta Supercup

Kenny Paton

Staff
Premium
How about that Clio Cup race? I don't normally watch the support races but so glad I did yesterday
I think you'll miss some great racing if you don't watch them, plus you get to see the up and coming drivers.
I seldom can spend all day watching, Ibbelong to a generation that turned the telly off when visitors arrive, but I record it and enjoy it piecemeal.

How about that Clio Cup race? I don't normally watch the support races but so glad I did yesterday

Yeah that's been bubbling up for a few rounds now. I think the last few races will be explosive.

I'm in camp Coates. I think Young has been too aggressive in the car and nonchalant out of it.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.5%
  • €151-500

Votes: 120 27.3%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 72 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.8%
  • €3001-5000