rF2 BTCC @ Brands Hatch Indy - Fri 13 May 2022 *Magic May 2-3/5*

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Quicker this time! Congrats to @xoSx.Racing for his first Grand Slam! :)
Remember, if you click "races" you can see all kinds of stats from the races! https://ommyrvold.net/rdrf2/magic_may.html

1652476520402.png

All time stats: https://ommyrvold.net/rdrf2/all_time_stats.html

That was an eventful couple of races, in true BTCC style.

Race 1: I started out well but quickly chewed up the tires by overheating them and quickly dropped back from Dastan and into the chasing pack. Got passed one by one until I somehow ran out of fuel, which makes no sense as the amount of fuel in the tank was two liters higher than what the estimated fuel usage was. Strange.

Started way back in Race 2, got a bad start from not being able to see the lights, then promptly smashed into a stationary Dastan. Tried avoiding, but still clipped him and hit someone to my right whom I sent spinning. Sorry whoever that was, I was in full panic-mode.
I put soft tires on for the 2nd race, not sure it made a difference, but I toned my driving down to 95% to conserve the tires and keep them in better operating temps. I think that worked well and I was catching the leading pack until I hit someone in the process of crashing, that bounced me in to Ole and we both spun. Somehow made it up to 4th in the end.

Observations:
- The tires are shite. One wrong throttle movement, one small lockup or a bit too much turn on the wheel and the temps skyrocket and so does the wear. Whatever they're running on IRL, I'm not buying it. Chinese crap tires are better...
- The Corolla has more power than the Infiniti. As much as 3-5 tenths on one straight alone.
- The Push to pass dosent work. Well, it shows active but dosent do anything and gives you a minus reading (-15 secs left f.x.) after usage.
- The general balance of the default setups are terrible.
- The FFB in the Corolla is...interesting.
- The racing is epic!

Observations:
- The Corolla has more power than the Infiniti. As much as 3-5 tenths on one straight alone.
- The Push to pass dosent work. Well, it shows active but dosent do anything and gives you a minus reading (-15 secs left f.x.) after usage.

Doubt it. I lost out to both other Toyotas and Infinitis on the straight :p
Nope it doesn't. 2021 spec cars next time!

oh my god that tyre model is shocking. i ve raced on the actual compoud used and it is nothing like that.!! im glad the game crashed on me hated every second of that. soory to the people i hit last night suddenly just went from 0 to 100 understeer in a single lap!

im pretty gutted to be honest, i was hoping for more of these tc races.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Friday

Votes: 30 42.9%
  • Saturday

Votes: 34 48.6%