BTCC 60th Anniversary

Hi All,

Tomorrow is the 60th Anniversary of the the BTCC at Snetterton, which is a mile stone I will never see again in my life time. I am there as VIP with Porsche as my friend, Dan Kirby who helped me and drove the Ginetta G55 Supercup is racing in the Porsche Carrera Cup GB.

In the UK, you can catch all the live action on ITV4, outside of the uk, there must be a stream somewhere.

On his first real timed shake down, he Quali 3rd in class, which is amazing.

Here is the car to look out for.

Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_cup_2017_snetterton_26-7-118-21-11-13.jpg

Fantastic day, Dan got 3rd in Class in both races, which was amazing considering his first time out.

First race of the Day (the Porsches) was unreal, it was wet, greasy and with 485bhp under the hood, it was eventful HA HA

Fantastic day, Dan got 3rd in Class in both races, which was amazing considering his first time out.

First race of the Day (the Porsches) was unreal, it was wet, greasy and with 485bhp under the hood, it was eventful HA HA

The first thing I thought about when I saw the weather was "this is TVR Tuscan weather". That would have been quite a thing. No rain for weeks, that surface must have been something like ice-racing.

Congrats to Dan then!

I wasn't a fan of the shortened races, still aren't really - one little mistake, and given the amount of contact it doesn't have to be yours, and you don't have time to recover.

yeah same, honestly believe the racing would be more fair with no ballast, no boost adjustments, no pointless control tyres and longer races

With no ballast, so how would you slow the fast guys down, I think it's fair and works really well, it mixes things up

Control tyres, well you need that so that everybody is on the same, and longer races? we are talking BTCC here, not endurance?

With no ballast, so how would you slow the fast guys down, I think it's fair and works really well, it mixes things up

Control tyres, well you need that so that everybody is on the same, and longer races? we are talking BTCC here, not endurance?

Ballast has been around for a long time, it does work & it's not a hugely intrusive effect ( British GT uses extra time in the pits, that pretty much kills the chances of the previous winner ). Control tyres too actually, that's ok - keeps cost down & it's not that big a deal. The races used to be longer though, I suspect they were broken up like they are to fit the schedule of the day rather than anything more technical :p

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.