ACC British Mixed GT3 and 992 Cup Series (also non-premium) - Round 3 @ Oulton Park - 19/2/2024

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Oulton Park.jpg

Series Overview Thread

Description

You have to decide which car you use for the whole series. This means you drive e.g. the Porsche 992 Cup for all races.
  • 13:00 in-game race start
  • Short formation lap - stay in the green marker
  • No mandatory pitstops
  • Refuelling allowed
  • Tyre change allowed
  • Grid position Race #2 depends on the result of Race #1 ***new***
Drivers

Marked as "in" in Standings, see Series Overview Thread

Results GT3s and Cup

Weather
  • Overall: guaranteed sunny, same as practice server
  • Ambient temp: 22
  • Cloud level: 0.0
  • Rain: 0.0
  • Randomness: 1
Practice Server
  • Servername: search for "RACEDEPARTMENT"
  • Password: see below "How can I join this event"
Sessions

ServernameRACEDEPARTMENT.COM | Racing Club | Race #1 | Oulton Park
20:00 GMT / 20:00 UTC30 minute practice
20:30 GMT / 20:30 UTC15 minute qualifying 992 Cup
20:45 GMT / 20:45 UTC15 minute qualifying GT3
21:00 GMT / 21:00 UTC20 minute race #1
21:20 GMT / 21:20 UTC10 minute practice (prep for Race #2)

ServernameRACEDEPARTMENT.COM | Racing Club | Race #2 | Oulton Park
21:30 GMT / 21:30 UTC10 minute practice
21:40 GMT / 21:40 UTC20 minute race #2

How can I join this event?
  • Non-premium members: PM me stating you want to join and your car choice, I'll then add you to the list, give you the password and also the Club Rules.
  • Premium members: Reply in this thread stating you want to join and your car choice, I'll then add you to the list. Server password can be found HERE
  • Servername: search for "RACEDEPARTMENT"
All skill levels welcome but we ask that you can control the car and know the racing line around the track. Anyone driving in a dangerous manner may be removed from the server.

What do I need to know?
  • CLUB RULES ARE ENFORCED. Premium members check them out HERE
  • We highly recommend using the in-built ACC radar when racing so you can keep it close and fair
  • Voice chat is available on the RD Discord if you want to chat. Please use push to talk and limit chat during the race to apologies / lapped traffic info.
  • PLEASE ENSURE YOUR REAL NAME IS SET ON YOUR RD PROFILE AND MATCHES YOUR IN-GAME NAME

Last edited:
I did a 20min quick race with the AI and my best lap time was 1:38.5 and burnt 23L of fuel.

The car actually feels good around Oulton, so the race shouldn't feel bad for us Cup drivers.

I just wanted to give a small heads up for those who will practice for the first time after our Bathurst race.

A few notes for a tricky track!
1708336937441.png

Morning all, I'm not going to teach anyone to suck eggs but thought newcomers to this circuit might find a few tips helpful, especially in a multiclass race.

Overtaking at Oulton park is difficult at best. It's narrow with only one line through most of the corners. The main overtaking spots are going to be T1, T7* & T13.

*T7 you'd need to be fully alongside in the braking phase otherwise back out of it.

The GT3 cars can handle the circuit but the cup cars will be holding on for dear life.

Avoid the kerbs when your tyre pressures are still on the low side as punctures can quickly happen.

The cup cars will take a good lap and a half to get their tyres up to the operating window so beware if you are following in a GT3.

If you are in a GT3 please be aware that the braking zone of the cup cars will be a bit earlier than you along with lower cornering speeds. In general you should be braking earlier when following another car (same or different class) and modulating the brake to stay with them. If you brake at your normal point you will hit the car in front.

Michael has adjusted race 2 so you start where you finished in race 1. This opens up some options which should see cleaner racing. For example, if you are in a GT3 and stuck behind a cup car towards the end of race 1 and no overtaking opportunities are coming to you without major risk then just wait for race 2 and aim to overtake in the first lap or two when their tyres are still cold.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
Let's talk about custom liveries real quick. Apart from those 3 in Awesome Simracing, are there any other custom liveries that anyone uses?
1708367025405.png

If yes, let me know.

Last edited:
It's been a while since one last wrote a full race report.
First race was great, except the end where I spun on my own. During the first laps it was really awesome trying to keep it with @SwannyUK and it was a blast trying to catch up to @Reefabus at the last laps.

Second race wasn't that great. First lap was fun, but second or third lap I managed to misjudge T3 and got me, head first, into the wheel barriers, giving me a 1 minute damage. I decided not to give up, as DNFs are not good, nor was it good to pit and repair, as I would be lapped by everyone. So I decided to crawl to the finish line with @Rich Green catching up to me. It was sad to see the car damaged, but good thing it was stable for once. I had no cornering, but I did not spin at least.

Once again thanks to @mklengel for hosting this race and see you guys on Monday for the next round.

Great racing by all tonight at Oulton, the multiclass really made this a race to remember….. difficult track especially for the cup cars, but all the Porkas ran a brillain’t race, I managed my best time at Oulton and held on to my position, lost a few positions due to error and second race picked up some rear aero damage so had to settle for following Alesandro to the finish line, he was on pace and very difficult to re pass after my kerb error. Aston drove really well today, great conditions and surface, due to the amount of rubber discarded by the cup car nutters hahahahha. loving The Brit series, see you on grid next week all. GG’s and congratulations to our new podiums this week.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.