ACC British Mixed GT3 and 992 Cup Series (also non-premium) - Round 2 @ Donington Park - 12/2/2024

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Donington.jpg

Series Overview Thread

Description

You have to decide which car you use for the whole series. This means you drive e.g. the Porsche 992 Cup for all races.
  • 13:00 in-game race start
  • Short formation lap - stay in the green marker
  • No mandatory pitstops
  • Refuelling allowed
  • Tyre change allowed
Drivers

Marked as "in" in Standings, see Series Overview Thread

Results GT3 and Cup

Weather
  • Overall: guaranteed sunny, same as practice server
  • Ambient temp: 22
  • Cloud level: 0.0
  • Rain: 0.0
  • Randomness: 1
Practice Server
  • Servername: search for "RACEDEPARTMENT"
  • Password: see below "How can I join this event"
Sessions
  • 20:00 GMT / 20:00 UTC 30 minute practice
  • 20:30 GMT / 20:30 UTC 15 minute qualifying 992 Cup
  • 20:45 GMT / 20:45 UTC 15 minute qualifying GT3
  • 21:05 GMT / 21:05 UTC 20 minute race #1
  • 21:30 GMT / 21:30 UTC 20 minute race #2
How can I join this event?
  • Non-premium members: PM me stating you want to join and your car choice, I'll then add you to the list, give you the password and also the Club Rules.
  • Premium members: Reply in this thread stating you want to join and your car choice, I'll then add you to the list. Server password can be found HERE
  • Servername: search for "RACEDEPARTMENT"
All skill levels welcome but we ask that you can control the car and know the racing line around the track. Anyone driving in a dangerous manner may be removed from the server.

What do I need to know?
  • CLUB RULES ARE ENFORCED. Premium members check them out HERE
  • We highly recommend using the in-built ACC radar when racing so you can keep it close and fair
  • Voice chat is available on the RD Discord if you want to chat. Please use push to talk and limit chat during the race to apologies / lapped traffic info.
  • PLEASE ENSURE YOUR REAL NAME IS SET ON YOUR RD PROFILE AND MATCHES YOUR IN-GAME NAME

Last edited:
Fun races guys, thanks! I think I didn’t kill anyone (maybe some paintscraping here and there and some near misses :cool: ).

Did a small test race with a few of you a few weeks ago, also here at Donington. It’s great racing in ACC, still have to get used to some things, but I’ll learn that.

Pretty okay qualy, and in the races some nice battles. Still learning to race others (litlle more than a year, doing lots of AC races, fun as well!!)

Congrats to the podiums and thanks Michael for stitching it all together!

Thanks, see you soon!

>> I did have some huge freezes during practice, qualy and the races, quite scary, ‘cause I lost control. Anything I can do about that?

Last edited:
Thanks for hosting Michael. My internet died a few minutes before the start of practice and only came back just in time for the race so starting at the back was a bit daunting with no warm up or quali.

We'll see how the rest of the series goes, there seems to be a few gt3 drivers that are around the same pace as some of the cup drivers and it's making for some sketchy racing on the tighter tracks.

>> I did have some huge freezes during practice, qualy and the races, quite scary, ‘cause I lost control. Anything I can do about that?
When you get a freeze or micro freeze it's usually during practice when a new drivers has joined and it loads their car. During the race you shouldn't get any of that, I didn't notice any anyway.

When you get a freeze or micro freeze it's usually during practice when a new drivers has joined and it loads their car. During the race you shouldn't get any of that, I didn't notice any anyway.
Okay, I’ll see if it has anything to do with that. Had a couple of cpu warnings as well. Not that much running in the background though… might have to fine tune a little for online racing in Acc…

Thanks!

I have since yesterday similar hick-ups, but also in single player mode. So it has in my case nothing to do with the server. Its simple... Windows :-(
May be I have to lower the gfx settings.

Anyone with a RX 6700 XT?

Last edited:
Results can be found in the race description:

and here:

Last edited:
Hi @mklengel ! Thanks again for hosting those races, without you I would not be enjoying ACC or SimRacing at all as open lobbies are often a pain in the *ss :rolleyes:

Sorry to bother you with ideas like this, but do you think we will have the 2,4 hours of SPA one day ? :inlove: I think @SwannyUK hosted this last year but I missed it :cry:

It would be awesome with GT3's and CUP's like the current Series, and why not with GT4's and even GT2's ( I don't know if it's possible or hard to host those kind of races ).

Anyway, can't wait for the following races of this Series and Bathurst on Saturday ! :p

Cheers ! :coffee: :thumbsup:

Hi @mklengel ! Thanks again for hosting those races, without you I would not be enjoying ACC or SimRacing at all as open lobbies are often a pain in the *ss :rolleyes:

Sorry to bother you with ideas like this, but do you think we will have the 2,4 hours of SPA one day ? :inlove: I think @SwannyUK hosted this last year but I missed it :cry:

It would be awesome with GT3's and CUP's like the current Series, and why not with GT4's and even GT2's ( I don't know if it's possible or hard to host those kind of races ).

Anyway, can't wait for the following races of this Series and Bathurst on Saturday ! :p

Cheers ! :coffee: :thumbsup:
If there is a cry for 2,4h @ Spa, we can of course setup such a race. I would be in in a second :) The next longer race is 1,5h @ Silverstone in this series. Let's ask the other guys. If we get enough drivers, we should do it.

Please have a look here:

Last edited:
Okay, I’ll see if it has anything to do with that. Had a couple of cpu warnings as well. Not that much running in the background though… might have to fine tune a little for online racing in Acc…

Thanks!
Hi Bouke,

I had during multiplayer and single player sessions hick-ups (my PC, not me :) ). Yesterday I solved the problem. Solution: a reset of my gfx card configuration and the problems are gone.

Regards
Michael

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play