BREAKING: Nico Rosberg Retires from Formula One

must be possible to get MV if enough cash is flashed.. come on merc get your cheque book out
With two of the fastest, stroppiest teenagers fighting for position every race in the same car, f1 ratings would go through the roof :D

Dietrich isn't selling either of his top two drivers for any amount of money. At least not the kind that Mercedes can throw around.

Whata yuck ?!? :O_o:
Source, would you mind ?
Or... it's just another (bad, I would have to say) joke... :cautious:
http://www.autoracing.com.br/f1-toto-wolff-admite-que-alonso-pode-substituir-rosberg/

Translated to English:
"The Mercedes big brass, Toto Wolff, revealed that Alonso can be an option to their team in case they aren't able to reverse Rosberg's decision to retire [...]

[...]Wolff told that the priority is to "tie" Nico's renewal for now, but admitted now that Alonso is considered an option from now on.

"Fernando's one of the history finest drivers and his I like his character, but our priority is Nico for now" - said Toto in an interview to the Spanish journal El Mundo.

"
Age isn't a problem - his speed and motivation are still there" - he added.

Toto also revealed that the Spaniard had conversation with the team two years ago before signing to McLaren. [...]"

There you go.

Define "sport".
9086293da0b92063fe1622abeeff38b1.png

Your Welcome :). I believe you may be looking for Noun #1

I know how Niko feels. I really do.:notworthy: Once I'd won my first RaceDepartment club race in the RRE Club, I was going to retire too. It took so much out of me. I had achieved what I had told my family I needed to do. But I'm glad I carried on with the club racing. It is so much fun.:thumbsup:

20160505194227_1_zps7rw2wwhr.jpg

20160903104523_1_zpscz07bwkf.jpg

Wow, did not see this coming. My guess is this season and the level Nico had to perform at to beat Hamilton each every week just took a toll on him. Also knowing the realization that if Hamilton hadn't had the engine failure it would have been another year for naught. Going out on top is the best way to seal your legacy. Instead of lamenting in the shadow of another champion Nico gets to relish his achievement for the rest of his life without having to answer the question of "when" ever again.

I know how Niko feels. I really do.:notworthy: Once I'd won my first RaceDepartment club race in the RRE Club, I was going to retire too. It took so much out of me. I had achieved what I had told my family I needed to do. But I'm glad I carried on with the club racing. It is so much fun.:thumbsup:
From WTCC to F1 is quite the achievement.
Your Welcome :). I believe you may be looking for Noun #1
Wow, the wit in this place...

I think it's weak. He just won the title and he drove good, but not as good as Hamilton. He stops and don't give Hamilton the chance to respond. I am not a fan.

Mansell and Prost did exactly the same thing as Nico :whistling:

Kinda different honestly, Williams simply signed other (scary)drivers and told their current number one to "deal with it".
To add insult to injury, the contract they offered to newly crowned WC Nigel (suppousedly) amounted to a pack a peanuts.

Alain, who had a contract for 94, simply got told "mr Senna will be driving for us next season, if want it you can have the other car".
Prost didn't want it.

I think it's weak. He just won the title and he drove good, but not as good as Hamilton. He stops and don't give Hamilton the chance to respond. I am not a fan.

I agree with you.... That family motivation is BS.... They know what the job is when they sign up... they know what takes to be competitive..... All drivers have families, loved ones... It was a weak move, in my opinion....

It's hard to say that Prost is in a different situation because he came back since Rosberg has only announced his retirement a few hours ago.
The difference lies in the AMOUNT of WDC's he won. Prost didn't retire after his first title. Therefore the situations is not exactly the same.

http://www.autoracing.com.br/f1-toto-wolff-admite-que-alonso-pode-substituir-rosberg/
Translated to English:
"The Mercedes big brass, Toto Wolff, revealed that Alonso can be an option to their team in case they aren't able to reverse Rosberg's decision to retire [...]
[...]Wolff told that the priority is to "tie" Nico's renewal for now, but admitted now that Alonso is considered an option from now on.
"Fernando's one of the history finest drivers and his I like his character, but our priority is Nico for now" - said Toto in an interview to the Spanish journal El Mundo.
"
Age isn't a problem - his speed and motivation are still there" - he added.
Toto also revealed that the Spaniard had conversation with the team two years ago before signing to McLaren. [...]"
There you go.
Thank you.

lol on that pic there.
6dbce76d001ae70062f1918d85df69ef5467e8c24b17c1d87e1981b21431d874.jpg

:D

Not to mention that is probably the first time in history that someone has ever suggested that James Hunt lived and died for the sport.

Further, there are drivers on that list who by their own will refused to race. "Live and die"...

However, does this mean that Bottas goes to Merc, Wehrlein to Williams and that Merc signs up Giovanazzi to their Jr. thingy and puts him in a Manor?

I agree with you.... That family motivation is BS.... They know what the job is when they sign up... they know what takes to be competitive..... All drivers have families, loved ones... It was a weak move, in my opinion....
Nico wasn't married with a kid and in his 30s when he started motor racing...

Nico himself said the he wasn't prepared to go through what he had just been through again, he's having a crisis about family and risk, I for one can't blame him but I too would have liked to see him race again. I'm blessed with empathy I guess...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.