BREAKING: Alonso Not Racing in F1 in 2019

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Alonso.jpg

Fernando Alonso to leave Grand Prix racing at the end of 2018.

"After 17 wonderful years in this amazing sport, it's time for me to make a change and move on. I have enjoyed every single minute of those incredible seasons and I cannot thank enough the people who have contributed to make them all so special," Alonso said.

"There are still several Grand Prix to go this season, and I will take part in them with more commitment and passion than ever.

"Let's see what the future brings; new exciting challenges are around the corner. I'm having one of the happiest times ever in my life but I need to go on exploring new adventures."

More news to follow soon....

Too bad... My favorite driver is leaving. An exceptional talent and a true racer is leaving F1. I can't blame him however, since McLaren is in a total mess. I'll miss the guy in F1, but hopefully, I'll be able to watch him in another series. If he comes to Indy, it will be a major boost to that series and it deserves it.

I wonder if he's going to drive for a team in IndyCar. I would love to see that. IndyCar is so competitive right now and his presence would be a big boost for the series.

With as much passion as he has with F1, he'll do well in whatever he decides to do next. It really would be great If he decides to go into Indycar though.

Although he says "he may return to F1 after 2019, if McLaren improves it's form" somehow I doubt... people will slowly forget him and young drivers will fight like a lions on a diet for leftover empty slots.
Some with their performances others with money. Some will try both.
I give him a 2.2% of chance to return (any) F1 seat.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 104 18.8%
  • €151-500

Votes: 146 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 89 16.1%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 47 8.5%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 53 9.6%
  • €3001-5000