Brazilian V8 coming apparently

I was reading on the iRacing forms this morning and saw that someone posted a link of an interview with the Brazilian V8 director announcing a partnership with iracing that will bring the V8 stock car possibly next yr.

Barrichello and Kanaan are apparently helping with development of the car

Very interesting and excited for this, hopefully iRacing will bring some more Brazilian tracks to race them on.

Edit: official iracing announcement.

Last edited:
This is cool but I'm going to be let down by iRacing's handling and tyre model coming from the stock cars in AMS1/2.

They are some of the best cars for feeling a true weightiness to them while having good handling and power in AMS1/2.

This is cool but I'm going to be let down by iRacing's handling and tyre model coming from the stock cars in AMS1/2.

They are some of the best cars for feeling a true weightiness to them while having good handling and power in AMS1/2.
The latest tire update to the GT3 cars was fantastic and give so much more detail than before, definitely a move in the right direction.
Never enjoyed GT's before this season but have been hooked since.
Hopefully that quality will move to the rest of the cars in the service.

iRacing also just signed physics guru Terence Groening....the man behind rf2/rfactor pro and many more.

Truely looking forward to future development and these cars.

On an upside....even if the handling doesn't live up to your expectations, at least you'll get an opportunity to manually start the engine and race them frequently with others :)

I just hope they add more Brazilian tracks.

Last edited:
Oh wow that's great about the hire. It would be great if they got that guy to help improve ffb and/or the tyre model for certain scenarios (see below).

The cars in iRacing are much better for sure in the last year or two. Really coming along.

I think the key thing missing now is something like lateral feel, maybe it's tyre flex, whatever it is it's missing ffb information when you approach, reach, and exceed the slip angle and begin scrubbing. It's just so dull and uninformative.

As for bumps and weight transfer ffb I would say is very good but it's just that uninformative grip expression that is killing me in iRacing.

It's like once you feel it in another sim you can't unfeel it and iRacing never matches up again.

rF2, AMS1/2, AC/ACC all do it so I don't see why iRacing can't do it.

I'm a big fan of Reiza, soley due to the stocks cars but can't say I've enjoyed the same driving experience as you in AMS2 thus far.
Bugs and varying quality of content aside, my biggest gripe is the same as PC2.... constantly spending more time adjusting ffb than racing to find decent feedback, than redoing it all over again when I switch cars.
9/10 times I get frustrated, turn it off and return to other games.
That's one thing I really enjoy with iracing....jump in any car, run a few laps, hit auto FFB and it gives you a pretty good starting point which only needs a few tweaks...hit save and done.

I admit prior to the season 4 tire update, driving on the limit or slightly over was terrible but imo (no alien) it has greatly improved. Hopefully with the foot in the right direction and the addition of Terence Groening to the team things will continue to advance.

In the end, I'm really looking forward to these cars being released and the opportunity to race them regularly online along with watching some head to head comparison videos by the community.....tho a bit of a bummer I won't be able to race them on there proper tracks or replicate a season in iracing :(

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back