Brands Hatch Major Resurfacing

The resurfacing project Brands Hatch has just undergone appears to have reduced the GT3 lap times by around a staggering 3 seconds, assuming everything else is more or less equal.

In Pre Qualifying the AKKODIS ASP Team running Mercedes managed a 1:21.889 compared to the fastest time Pre Q time of 1:24.918 last year.

There's some info on the resurfacing project here.

Looks like Kunos might need to take a look at the BH grip levels for the '22 season in ACC

Is some of that also down to the new Pirelli tyres they are running as well perhaps? I noticed lap times at Imola were quite a bit lower in the last round... Not sure if British GT are also running the same compound but I imagine all SRO GT3 series will run the same?

Is some of that also down to the new Pirelli tyres they are running as well perhaps? I noticed lap times at Imola were quite a bit lower in the last round... Not sure if British GT are also running the same compound but I imagine all SRO GT3 series will run the same?
It may well be. I'm not sure exactly how the tyres have changed, but that can certainly account for some of the difference.

I was just gobsmacked at the difference in lap times from last year to this, and the most obvious changes were the resurfaced parts of Brands Hatch.

I was there yesterday, never seen so many dusty cars in my life, there were so many cars running wide at paddock, an area where the surface had changed, and there were loads and loads of run wides, it is a normal thing at Brands, but considering there were only 25 odd cars the dirt was a shame, but the pace was astonishing, I can just about manage a mid 25 at brands in ACC!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.