Botniaring

Tracks Botniaring 0.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Jaasu submitted a new resource:

Botniaring - The longest and fastest race track in Finland

Z9vFSLJ.png

The longest and fastest race track in Finland.
Scratch-build based on LiDAR data from 2009 and mod track originally created for rFactor 1

rBxGBfX.png

v0.9 Work-in-Progress

Track Features
  • 20 Pit boxes
  • Two layouts: long 4km, short 2,6km
  • GrassFX - Only, no traditional 3D grass
  • Smooth as a baby’s bottom – no fancy physical mesh yet

Credits:

Read more about this resource...

I get a lot of AI cars pitting after just one lap. Anyone else?
There's a 'fast lane' fix for this but I can't remember what it is.

Love the track!

A few things though: Physics mesh seems a bit smooth comparing with Kunos tracks? Also the surroundings look a bit plain, compared to for example this onboard footage:
, where the kerbs are also not the same narrow ones all the time. Could it maybe get 4 more pit boxes to be on par with most Kunos tracks as well. Would love to use it in our upcoming racing series :)

Look forward to 1.0!

Love the track!

A few things though: Physics mesh seems a bit smooth comparing with Kunos tracks? Also the surroundings look a bit plain, compared to for example this onboard footage:
, where the kerbs are also not the same narrow ones all the time. Could it maybe get 4 more pit boxes to be on par with most Kunos tracks as well. Would love to use it in our upcoming racing series :)

Look forward to 1.0!
You're correct, it feels smooth because it is smooth. As I've stated on the track's overview page there is no actual physical mesh, you're driving on visual mesh. Better feeling physical mesh will be added in later updates and ye there is still room for several other improvements.

You're correct, it feels smooth because it is smooth. As I've stated on the track's overview page there is no actual physical mesh, you're driving on visual mesh. Better feeling physical mesh will be added in later updates and ye there is still room for several other improvements.
Sorry, missed that as I was testing/commenting on multiple tracks.. Any idea when it will be updated? Days/weeks/months? :)

koska kymiring tulee?

Yep, i made it on 2017. :) It’s based on cad data, because a real track not even exists in those days. Maybe some cambers are wrong on few turns, but i haven’t checked it. Sadly public release is not in my hands, so i can’t promise anything.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.