Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
bosslogo.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM BOSS
Class: Ford Mustang Boss Mod (Download)
Track: Mosport 09 (Download)

Practice start time: GMT 19.00
Qualification start time: GMT 19.30 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.40 (13 laps)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.00 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.10 (13 laps)

Note1: Skins that come with the Boss Mod Only

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry & Livery Assignment:
  1. Senad Subasic - #1
  2. Peter Van Zanten - #2
  3. Roland Warmenhoven - #8
  4. Stuart Thomson - #9
  5. David Cuthill - #14
  6. Ian Strom - #15
  7. Jacob Boonstra - #16
  8. Philip Brown - #18
  9. Ross McGregor - #27
  10. Ross Garland - #28
  11. Eck Simpson - #33
  12. Driver - #37
  13. Driver - #40
  14. Driver - #45
  15. Driver - #70
  16. Driver - #83
  17. Driver - #99
  18. Driver - #100
  19. Driver - #102
  20. Driver - #302
Liveries will be assignedin numerical order as you sign up. 1st sign up gets #1, 2nd gets #2, 3rd gets #8 etc.
The assignment restarts after 20 drivers, so the 21st sign up will get #1, 22nd #2, 23rd #8 etc.

Rules:
This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

:( Oops! I'm going to have to be classed as a most likely maybe for this one now. Our car developed problems on our way to town today and an appointment has been scheduled for 3:00 pm (18:00GMT) race day. Only opening we could book for this week so have a good one. I can't see me getting home in time unless it is a miracle repair.

Well this was a great car/track combo, Mosport is just fantastic. Had a nice run all night, but in race 2 my brakes were completely gone as i attempted to slow down for the slow double right-hander. And this is after supposedly being sent the correct parts by Fanatec to fix them. So, yet another technical failure for me. It's getting a bit silly now, might have to source a set of G27 pedals or something as my Club-sports are just a load of ar$e.

Overall though, enjoyed the Boss series, looking forward to season 3 now!

Cheers Thommo/RD!

That was a great track to use for end of the Boss series. Sad to see them go really, even though I'm not that hot in them!

In Race 1 I got a good start but didn't get anything out of it this time. The two cars ahead were slower off the line but Roland beside me was not, and we had a little shoving match trying to grab the gap between them which he won. :p Stuart was able to nip up the inside as well so for the first time in a while now I actually lost positions on the start. From there on it was mainly a case of just enjoying the track while trying not to fall too far behind the front runners ahead of me. Ian was quite close behind for much of the race a but towards the end he ran off of the track. From that point I was just hoping to make it to the end before Jacob could catch me, as he was closing at over 1sec per lap! I did, finishing in 5th.

For Race 2 I'm not entirely sure what happened on the grid as my replay is all messed up. I know I got a great start and passed the cars in front, then someone lost it and spun across the grid blocking someone, but I was able to swerve past and get up into 2nd place! I was quite chuffed though it obviously wasn't going to last. I had Eck behind me but he easily caught up and passed. I couldn't see anyone else back there and thought that perhaps if I pushed super-hard I could hold out to the end. No such luck. On lap 4 I completely messed up my braking for T2, ran wide onto the grass, and became little more than a passenger as my car slid along and went headlong into the tyres stacked next to the barrier. BOOM. Engine dead, race over. :( Still, it was fun watching the battle between Stu and Jacob for the rest of the race.

Congrats to Ross mk1 and Eck for their wins, and to the rest of the podiums. Also thanks to Stuart for organising the Boss series and to everyone that took part. Good times! :)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Prizes

• Trophies

• Forum trophies

Votes: 0 0.0%