BMW Extensions

Cars BMW Extensions 1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
a2k0001 submitted a new resource:

BMW Extensions - Improvements for all Kunos BMW cars

Extract and run INSTALL_EXTENSIONS.bat to install!​

⚠️ Do not install using Content Manager!​

These are extensions for Kunos BMW cars! They modify the base models and materials of the cars and are compatible with most skins.

Compatible with Arch physics.

Includes:​

For ALL Kunos BMWs:​

• New interior textures and materials
  • Subdivided geometry: rounder steering wheels and smoother dashboard...

Read more about this resource...

Hello, great mod, but the steering wheel material in the bmw_m3_e92 is set incorrectly. Here are more correct values in my opinion

3EuWDkIJPx.png

also for ks_bmw_m4 materials
  • INT_OCC_Skin_soft
  • INT_OCC_PLASTIC_Skin
it is worth reducing pbOcclusion to 0.3 and 0.4 respectively
Otherwise, in cloudy weather, the plastic is too reflective

Last edited:
I can't get the batch file to work. I unzipped to a new folder on my desktop, ran the INSTALL_EXTENSIONS.bat file, and I can just barely see a window pop up for a split second and disappear again before anything happens. It's like it tries to run, but just terminates immediately. Tried running as admin, no change. Tried moving the directory to the assettocorsa folder and ran the batch file from there, does the same thing. No change to the Kunos cars.

Nice improvements, had to move the extensions folder manually to the respective kunos cars as the batch file failed to run.
When enabling lights in the 1M the dash has a strange red glow on some parts.

Is this mod Online friendly? If it will give me a failed checksum when trying to connect to public servers then unfortunately it's not for me

Is this mod Online friendly? If it will give me a failed checksum when trying to connect to public servers then unfortunately it's not for me
Yes, this is a quote from the README.md included in the download:
"# 100% Compatible with online play!
###### Extensions don't affect car checksums as they don't affect physics."

Nice to see the ks_ cars getting some love. I'd like to check out this mod, but wanted to give some feedback on the installer since the mod files are sorted in a non-intuitive way for the drag-and-drop alternative.

For me the installer fails as the AC path includes 'Program Files (x86)'. The end parens. is caught as the end of the statement so robocopy gets passed a partial path. See attached output. This was on a vanilla Windows 10 Pro install (22H2 build 19045.3930).

You might be able to use the windows short names to get around this. 'PROGRA~2' is a batch safe equivalent for 'Program Files (x86)'. (ex: https://superuser.com/questions/348079/how-can-i-find-the-short-path-of-a-windows-directory-file ). I use it in my scripts.

[edit] Actually it might just be the spaces in the paths are not being escaped

Attachments

• install_script_output.txt
    2.1 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Nice to see the ks_ cars getting some love. I'd like to check out this mod, but wanted to give some feedback on the installer since the mod files are sorted in a non-intuitive way for the drag-and-drop alternative.

For me the installer fails as the AC path includes 'Program Files (x86)'. The end parens. is caught as the end of the statement so robocopy gets passed a partial path. See attached output. This was on a vanilla Windows 10 Pro install (22H2 build 19045.3930).

You might be able to use the windows short names to get around this. 'PROGRA~2' is a batch safe equivalent for 'Program Files (x86)'. (ex: https://superuser.com/questions/348079/how-can-i-find-the-short-path-of-a-windows-directory-file ). I use it in my scripts.

[edit] Actually it might just be the spaces in the paths are not being escaped
Hi! I have updated the script, this problem should be resolved now. Please try 1.2.1!

That is some fancy stuff with Android Auto integration, etc. ;) Amazing to see what the community can come up with.
However, I miss the BMW badge on the Steering wheel in the E30 M3. Anyone else have this? I drove it a few days ago without this mod and than I did not notice this.

I can't get the batch file to work. I unzipped to a new folder on my desktop, ran the INSTALL_EXTENSIONS.bat file, and I can just barely see a window pop up for a split second and disappear again before anything happens. It's like it tries to run, but just terminates immediately. Tried running as admin, no change. Tried moving the directory to the assettocorsa folder and ran the batch file from there, does the same thing. No change to the Kunos cars.
Ok, ok, I tried to save same bandwidth for everyone by reducing the download file size and adding script which copies all duplicate files. For some reason that does not work for everyone...
Starting with version 1.2.2, all files that would be copied by script are now pre-copied, the download size is about 5x, but now it can be simply extracted to game directory or installed with content manager.

Last edited:
felt like the e92 m3 with this mod was a bit too crushed black in a lot of places. i placed it in the MODS folder and installed it as a mod via CM so it was easy to revert, pretty sure everything should be applied correctly that way.

think DTC/DSC off lights should be slightly more orange

high beam blue light seems blurry?

1706440284642.png

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 30 24.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 17.7%
  • Trophies