AC BMW 235i Cup Series | Monday Night Events with Assetto Corsa

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
RD_235i.JPG
Welcome to the RD Racing Club. In this SGP series we will be taking the easy to learn BMW 235i around the DTM Classics Norisring, Avus, Sachsenring and Nurburgring. This means that we'll have a month more of competition with not commitment as you can sign up separately for each round.

Due to the great reaction to these short format races in these great little cars we are ditching our original plan to move to DTM cars, keeping the BMWs and going to DTM themed tracks! These cars have promoted the closest racing possible in casual events, without the stress of multiclass or the difficulty of learning more difficult cars!

All premium members can sign up for this event and slots are limited so make sure to tag a friend! This event will take place on the newly developed platform Simracing.GP and it's extremely easy to join!

Format
  • 18:00 UTC | Practice (1 hour)
  • 19:00 UTC | Qualification (10min)
  • 19:10 UTC | Race (30 min)

Attachments

• RD_235i.jpg
    RD_235i.jpg
    422.1 KB · Views: 4,437
Last edited:

Reik Major

Premium
I just signed up for all three events, because I have no time on tuesdays in the near future.

Let's hope for more participants.

Is there a minimum count of participants for an event to not get canceld?

I just signed up for all three events, because I have no time on tuesdays in the near future.

Let's hope for more participants.

Is there a minimum count of participants for an event to not get canceld?
Yes, it's four people. Hopefully we can start getting more than that, especially as these events go on for longer and more people notice/get used to them

Reik Major

Premium
It's sad, that no more people sign up for this one. :unsure:

The BMW is an easy to handle car right out of the box. The base setup is good and the movement of the car makes it fun to drive.

Would've liked it at Monza especially...

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
@Interslice
@Kek700
@640er
@HF2000
@Erik Axelsson

Hey guys, I'm just wondering if you took notice of this event tonight and the following ones the next two mondays...

The car is good fun even with stock setup and the tracks are well known I think.

Edit: At least we've 7 sign ups at SGP so far...
Hi Reik,

Nice of you to think of me, but I'm on a short break without my rig. Practicing for the Fastest Holiday Driver in real life :p :p

@Interslice
@Kek700
@640er
@HF2000
@Erik Axelsson

Hey guys, I'm just wondering if you took notice of this event tonight and the following ones the next two mondays...

The car is good fun even with stock setup and the tracks are well known I think.

Hi Reik, Thanks for the heads up. I've been on a road trip the last few days but I'm home now. I'd love to join the remaining races but I got a lot going on right now, IRL and a league at SRS that takes all my time for practice ;) I hope I can join the club races more regularly in a near future :)

Reik Major

Premium
Hi Reik, Thanks for the heads up. I've been on a road trip the last few days but I'm home now. I'd love to join the remaining races but I got a lot going on right now, IRL and a league at SRS that takes all my time for practice ;) I hope I can join the club races more regularly in a near future :)
Thanks for replying mate. It's all good...

640er

♫♪.ılıl|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|lılı.♫♪
@Interslice
@Kek700
@640er
@HF2000
@Erik Axelsson

Thanks Reik, I was on holdidays the last week but will be back racing soon ;)

Will this be on the Motorsport or Autosport version of the Assen track? The practice server that's up is using Autosport but the info says Motorsport.

Edit - never mind, the server I saw was not the real server, thanks for a good race all

Last edited:
New to simming and just discovered this, but 2am timing is not good for Perth, Australia. Are there other events run at different times to cater for the various timezones around the globe?

New to simming and just discovered this, but 2am timing is not good for Perth, Australia. Are there other events run at different times to cater for the various timezones around the globe?
No, not with us sadly. But if you have a look around on https://www.simracing.gp you'll find some American communities that might do better times for you such as New World Sim Racing or Sim Racing 604 and I believe Sim Racing Legends dose Aussie times. Although most races from them you'll find will be in ACC.

If you can't find anyone on SGP you can also try https://www.grid-finder.com/

HF2000

Thou shall not pass!!!
Staff
Premium
Hi Gareth,

I don't know. All new names for me except you and Michael Klein. The regular guys that race on Wednesday and Sunday always show up. If for some reason they don't, they inform me or Brian with a post in the event thread.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 84 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 71 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 42 9.7%
  • €3001-5000