Resource icon

MGP17 BML File Editor 2.6.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
I would like to do that too! However, it's much more powerful and easy to let a browser do the the job of process everything... :D

It's necessary develop too much things to make it integrated with this new kind of edition... Those curves uses much memory and i'm a web developer, this is why i find a solution in a browser. :laugh:
I'm not much good at windows forms development! :(

Hello.
Being a beginner to modify file scripts, I would like to know if your tools works with MXGP 3.
I would only be able to freely modify the settings for my controller and assign the gameplay keys on the directional cross, not play with joysticks Which are too difficult to manage for accurate steering.
It is quite surprising that the publisher does not leave us the choice to personally configure a pad, while on the MotoGP13, Valentino Rossi the game or MotoGP17, MXGP1 and MXGP2 we can do what we want... Waiting for your answer, thank you.

Hello.
Being a beginner to modify file scripts, I would like to know if your tools works with MXGP 3.
I would only be able to freely modify the settings for my controller and assign the gameplay keys on the directional cross, not play with joysticks Which are too difficult to manage for accurate steering.
It is quite surprising that the publisher does not leave us the choice to personally configure a pad, while on the MotoGP13, Valentino Rossi the game or MotoGP17, MXGP1 and MXGP2 we can do what we want... Waiting for your answer, thank you.
I don't know... never played this game! :D

You may have i try! :thumbsup:

Hello,
Your tool is absolutly great.
I have been using it for editing the spline on the Almeria track (running the track on MotoGP 17) everything is working great :thumbsup:
However when i try to export/save the spline from the Indianapolis and Road_America track (running tracks on MGP17)
I do get error *the index is outside the matrix borders* this is freely translated from dutch to englisch (hopefully i am making myself clear)
IMO this happens only on tracks with a lot of corners (a lot of data) maybe using to much memory ?

Any idea ??

Believe or not, there are a grid line that aren't well formed in the ORIGINAL file... :confused:

I've putted a alert when it happens and export the track anyway, but have a look at the grid lines or the sector lines when you're warned. :thumbsup:

Gonna try it tonight :)

Thank you :thumbsup:

EDIT

I have just done a quick test.
Indianapolis working now
Road America => Spline layer B working now
Road America => Spline Layer A not working (file is slight bigger more corners)

btw: if its not possible to fix NP i am happy anyway.

Last edited:
Gonna try it tonight :)

Thank you :thumbsup:

EDIT

I have just done a quick test.
Indianapolis working now
Road America => Spline layer B working now
Road America => Spline Layer A not working (file is slight bigger more corners)

btw: if its not possible to fix NP i am happy anyway.

I opened the Road America A normally here, i received the alert and everything... :unsure:

Open the file and go to: Layer > Actor { Markers } > Actor { StartingGrid }

There are a starting point there without the "E:" information. If you take the same "E:" information of other point will correct it. Well, at least to me it worked... ;)

Ok it is not your fault, your tool is working great.
The reason why it is not working for me is because i did create 34 starting grid spots.
i did this because i made this track ready to be able to run the full Moto 2 grid.

If i export/save the original ride 2 file (with 16 starting grid spots) it is working great.
So case closed :thumbsup:

Thank You.

Hi Dy,

Thanks for this great tool that makes changes much easier! I was thinking of an improvement related to lap times and treat DB_IDEALTRACKSTIMES .BML file in a special way :O_o:, i think it can be done, because it seams its just a process of data treatment..:thumbsup:

The thing is, a lot of the lap times in the race, done by the ai is actually faster than the Q times. So the q times are not accurate enough and they should be at least faster. Its something that always needs correcting because this has occurred with other milestone versions (motogp15, 16, 17...) across all categories.

Could a new functionality be implemented, when the file is of this type, the data could be exported to a text file, this data could separated by tabs, ideally to later copy to a spreadsheet. Or from the bml editor open a spreadsheet, (page with cells or something) and the data could be copied to excel. Ideally the information would be manipulated and later be imported back to tracktime.bml, or just generate another bml file (i dont know if this is possible).

Basically the process would be:
1. Export data
2. Manipulate data (via text file, window... etc)
3. Import data

I believe IDEALTRACKSTIMES.bml has had the same format across the gp releases, so it should be useful for future versions, if they don't update the engine of course.

well, there are my thoughts!

thanks for reading :)

I edIted SLRE bml files with your utility, but when packaging data with ReMixer nothing works.
Maybe wrong thread to ask, but just to see is anyone used it to mod Sebastien Loeb Rally and have any experience with it.

Thanks

Yes it worked.

Just to repeat workflow if anyone bump here again for SLRE.
After editing BML files MGPBMLEditor v2.6.6b and packaging DATA.MIX with MixFile Remixer (0.2.0; SBK-09) it needs to set first 00 string to 01 with hex editor (HxD tested) on packaged mix file.

Thanks

Hello , I have problem when launch/run this program, is can't, just force close. is need some addition of windows program to launch this tool? Thanks .

Hello , I have problem when launch/run this program, is can't, just force close. is need some addition of windows program to launch this tool? Thanks .
The program was built in .NET Framework. Maybe if you try install the version the program was developed (.NET Framework v4.6.1)

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Forum trophies