Resource icon

MGP17 BML File Editor 2.6.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
Dyego JhOu submitted a new resource:

BML File Editor - BML file editor

App to edit the BML files in a more easy way.

- Edit the values;
- Change a variable description / value;
- Copy and Paste variables children from one to another;
- Copy and Paste variables between files;
- Remove variables;
- Reorder variables sequence

upload_2016-7-11_12-11-49-png.143181

OBS: Same tool of http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/mgp-bml-file-editor.10939/, just uploaded here.

Read more about this resource...

Hi ,
Thx for this editor. It'st possible to change the values of a pilot??

Thx
The tool was made to make changes in those BML files inside a *.mix file.

There is another files (*.ZTS) that this tool doesn't support.

So, when you say "changes value of a pilot", is vague... If this value is in a BML file somewhere, you can...

Dyego JhOu updated BML File Editor with a new update entry:

Improvements

Added a better way to edit the AISplines:

How to use:

1. Right click the Curves.
2. Choose the Export option:
View attachment 199936
3. Save the file;
4. Open the file in a browser with HTML5 support;
View attachment 199938
5. Do the editions;
6. Click in the button Export at the top of the page;
7. Save the file as *.txt;
8. Go back to BML editor
9. Right click the Curves.
10. Choose the Import option:
View attachment 199943
11. Choose the txt file saved in the step 7;

Read the rest of this update entry...

YESSS! Finally!

*Run to download it and test it*
Tip: to avoid te AI to have that "sudden stop", the support points (those linked with dotted lines) must be well aligned, like in the default. So the line can be wonderful, but if those points aren't aligned, the ai will do that behavior. ;)

Tip: to avoid te AI to have that "sudden stop", the support points (those linked with dotted lines) must be well aligned, like in the default. So the line can be wonderful, but if those points aren't aligned, the ai will do that behavior. ;)
yeah I figured, the tangents need to have the same angle :(

At least now it's much more easier to avoid the stoppie! Great tool!
Do you think it would be possible to add an opposite projection of the tangent?
I'm asking just because I think you have the skills to do that, I have no idea how to do this stuff

I mean something like this: I modified the tangents, and obviously now they don't have the same angle anymore, but a projection (pink line) of the other tangent could help overlaying them together:
http://i.imgur.com/kuup6YG.jpg
kuup6YG.jpg

Last edited:
yeah I figured, the tangents need to have the same angle :(

At least now it's much more easier to avoid the stoppie! Great tool!
Do you think it would be possible to add an opposite project of the tangent?
I'm asking just because I think you have the skills to do that, I have no idea how to do this stuff

I mean something like this: I modified the tangents, and obviously now they don't have the same angle anymore, but a projection (pink line) of the other tangent could help overlaying them together:
http://i.imgur.com/kuup6YG.jpg
kuup6YG.jpg

Believe or not, I was using a ruler for get this right! :roflmao:
This is much more obvious to get it! Sometimes i'm so dumb! :cautious:

Haha
Believe or not, I was using a ruler for get this right! :roflmao:
This is much more obvious to get it! Sometimes i'm so dumb! :cautious:
I can imagine! I believe you're enough skilled to implement that
Is it a yes??
I don't know how you can do it, maybe mirroring the tangent.. Or translating it a little bit further
Good luck mate! keep it up :)

As always, superb job Dyego! but, I need some help :redface: before 2.6 there was the "edit spline" option, now there's an export/import option to .html. I export to an html file, open it an what I see is gorgeous :D, the track perfectly shaped and all the beziers and tangents ready to edit... and after this I don't know what I have to do to save the changes to the splinelayer.bml, I click on export and my browser saves a file without extension, I don't understand :cry:

As always, superb job Dyego! but, I need some help :redface: before 2.6 there was the "edit spline" option, now there's an export/import option to .html. I export to an html file, open it an what I see is gorgeous :D, the track perfectly shaped and all the beziers and tangents ready to edit... and after this I don't know what I have to do to save the changes to the splinelayer.bml, I click on export and my browser saves a file without extension, I don't understand :cry:

1) Once you open and the html file, you have to click on export (top left). It will download a file with the dited bezier.
2) You have to change the extesion of the file to ".txt" because otherwise it has no extension. You could rename it to "Track.txt".

3 )Then go back to BML editor, right click on "Actor {curvers}" and click on import and import the Track.txt.
4) A success message will pop up and you're done! Save the new BML file and test it in game.

Dyego, I love how you really used the pink line thing. Haha. But now it's so much easier, I'm about to test it! 5/5

I'd like to report an issue with the spline editing.
It's not releated to your tool, but I'm writing here as I use the BML editor to export the splines and maybe someone else knows the problem.
In some tracks if I change any point position the AI rides crazy: brakes on the straight and go wide into corners.
I'm very very careful to not broke the spline continuity (any point of a spline has to be with the same coordinates as the near one) and not to touch the "altitute" coordinate.
Any guesses?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back