F1 2020 Blurry Custom Livery

F1 2020 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi guys,

I'm new to modding the F1 game, but I was able to work out how to make a custom livery. In photoshop, the livery is clear (in both 2d and 3d modes), however when I load into the game it comes out all blurry, as seen in the picture below. Does anyone know why this has happened and how I could fix it.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks.

Blurry Livery.PNG

You need to import the texture into the .erp file in the fom_car folder AND in the myteam_engine folder (where you select the folder of the engine you chose - you can import into all 4 of them with no issues). You also need to make sure the .mipmaps are saving in the correct location.

.erp file is in the folders here:
Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2020\2020_asset_groups\f1_2020_vehicle_package\teams

.mipmaps saved in the folder here:
Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2020\f1_2020_vehicle_package\teams\fom_car\textures\liveries

Hello!

Thank you - I hadn't done this. I completed all the steps and it still didn't work, however after looking around my game, all the Michael Schumacher, Racenet and the 70th Edition liveries are all blurry. I would like to think my computer is pretty good, so do you know if this is the game. If it is, is there a way to fix this.

I'm sorry to be a hassle, and again, any help is obviously appreciated.

Thanks!

You can always 'Validate Game Files' in Steam, and try again.

What I personally do is backup the game files that I would be replacing from the stock game, and save a separate folder where I keep my modded liveries and things. You can set one of these folders as the F1 2020 directory in the Ego ERP Archiver, and what that will do is when you save a file there, it will automatically create the proper folder structure.

That way you can create your liveries, save your ERPs and mipmaps, and then just copy+paste to Steam. If it messes up, you can revert easier by just copying over the stock versions of the files that you backed up.

Also, here's a video tutorial so you can make sure you're doing all the steps

EDIT: I found the solution, I had forgotten to override the FOM My team Renault.erp file, seems like it's crucial to override all FOM erp files, not only the one of the engine manufacturer you chose for your team.

Hey there guys, I have the same problem as Letster31 in the 2021 Game, followed all the steps that you mentioned and followed the tutorial you put in here, however the livery appears to be very low resolution, in the menu as on track, while it looks perfectly fine in photoshop both 3D and 2D.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea