Resource icon

Misc Blender addon: Import/Export .ai/.csv/.ini files 2.2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Uff, see that too now, i dont know why, it was working before ...

Blender 3.1 installs addons into your user folder
('C:\\Users\\klausi\\AppData\\Roaming\\Blender Foundation\\Blender\\3.1\\scripts\\addons),
but it wants to load it from its script folder... !? No idea whats goin on there...
View attachment 572462

So just unpack manually to:
C:\Blender31\3.1\scripts\addons\

Then in blender just enable it:
Uff, see that too now, i dont know why, it was working before ...

Blender 3.1 installs addons into your user folder
('C:\\Users\\klausi\\AppData\\Roaming\\Blender Foundation\\Blender\\3.1\\scripts\\addons),
but it wants to load it from its script folder... !? No idea whats goin on there...
View attachment 572462

So just unpack manually to:
C:\Blender31\3.1\scripts\addons\

Then in blender just enable it:
View attachment 572467
I tried but it didn't work here, it didn't enable by default and trying to enable it manually brings the same error informed before.
I was able to install and enable the 1.6 version, but really would like to have the features of the 1.9.

I managed to import and export right but my problem is that the traffic was the wrong way around. I'm edited srp to put the traffic in 3 ways which is English hand.

Is this for Blender 3.1 only? I tried to install it on Blender 3.4, but it doesn't show in the addon list to enable and installing the zip fails as well. Thanks...

EDIT: Finally found it in the list, but exporting fails. So I guess my original question is still valid. Is this for 3.1 only?

EDIT2: Nevermind. I got it. I was trying to save a new copy of the file to a backup folder. Didn't realize I had to overwrite the existing .ai file. Sorry to be a bother.

Last edited:
Please Stop This updated Blender addon: Import/Export .ai/.csv/.ini files with a new update entry:

v2.0 - 18 july 2023

- fixed distance value per point not being saved in ai line
- added AI line export into new/empty ai-line, you either load it into "ksEditor" or use shift on start with "side_l/r.csv" in place
- minor fixes when exporting to cameras.ini with names like CAMERA_0.001

sample Blender-console output:
View attachment 681081
View attachment 681086

Read the rest of this update entry...

Nice tool, but I'm having issues to export it in game. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I'm getting the errors
AC\interpolatingspline.cpp (785): InterpolatingSpline::getNormalizedPosition
AC\interpolatingspline.cpp (809): InterpolatingSpline::calculateCatmullRom
AC\interpolatingspline.cpp (319): InterpolatingSpline::splineToWorld
When I start the race, and it crashes.

The CSV were imported without issues, this happens when I export the fast_line.ai over the original one in /ai folder. It even happens if I import it, select only its mesh, and export it overriding the original one. I’m not setting the scale since when I import back it seems to be reasonable. One thing I noticed is that the original line was at about 30 cm from the ground and the new one at 0. Any ideas?

Last edited:
j'ai une question peut etre stupide mais vous creer votre ligne de quel maniere sur blender je vois des maillages mais je ne comprend pas le procéder

I recorded my lines I imported it into blender and cleaned the right and left area finally the right and left edge because they are intertwined in places what is the method to follow because when I try to export the fast lane and these edges I receive an error message from the python console but one by one I can export them or if I joined it together so that it only forms a strand but I don't think that 'he makes it stick in one strand

For the borders you must go the detour and export as CSV first, left/right border, one by one to
data\side_l.csv
data\side_r.csv
1707038653067.png

then simply run AC, it will see newer side lines by file-date, and will import them, in the process generating a new "fastlane.ai" (inplace)

Last edited:
Summary when doing an ai line in blender alone, 'export to AC ...ai':

after exporting a new/scratch made "fast_lane.ai" from Blender (it must not exist!):

-it wont work in AC-

but you can make it work with ksEditor:
- load your track/road mesh (not only the visible part!)
- then load your "fast_lane.ai"
(then - optional: do a resample with anything you like, default is 15)
1709342695283.png

then save as "fast_lane.ai" with ksEditor, check in AC, it probably will change again, but hopefully work now

now use the Blender addon again to import "fast_lane.ai"

you can now edit borders, export them to data\side_l/r.csv or anything you like, also export to fast:lane.ai is possible

remember your scale might be off (though you can always overwrite with another scale inplace, so its not so bad)
so make a backup of latest working "fast_lane.ai", always!!! before overwriting!

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back