ACC Blancpain GT @ Zolder - Thursday 5th September 2019

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Well, qualification was pretty close. It's a first time when I drove faster than 1:30. I had a lap on 0.2 better but track limits are the same for all competitors :)

But the real trap was related to the weather during the race. I didn't realize that light rain is not a blocking point in ACC to use dry tires and setup. The same day I won online race in rain using wet setup/tires. So, I had no doubts to use the same approach and made the first and biggest mistake in this race. Well, formation lap sent me some first warnings - my tires are warm enough for driving 90 km/h :roflmao: I'm only had a hope that other leaders made the same mistake. Thanks to warm tires I had pretty good start and got 2nd position. But just at the end of the lap I was not able to keep @Asterix I had big problem with tires overheating but decided to stay on track hoping that rain will make the track colder and with much more water on the surface - so, my strategy will pay back. But in few laps I was not able to stop my car before corners. So, I visited pits, where for some unclear reason I spent 22 seconds :O_o: just to change my tires. On returning lap I'm making the second big mistake - on cold tires car spins on the exit from the last chicane, I hit a barrier and got nice message "Severe damage of the front". Well, my bonnet is jumping like crazy and I'm thinking if it make sense to continue this race - dry tires, wet setup, damaged car. But hopefully I had a company of @Giorgio73 Defending my 11th position bring a sense to my race. My defensive driving was just on the edge of racing rules and @Giorgio73 was really correct trying to overtake me in a fair way. In result I kept my position and finished 5th getting profit from other racers' mistakes and lack of fortune.

Thanks to all for this race! See you next race!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.