ACC Blancpain GT @ Nürburgring - Thu 1st Aug 2019

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Had random 90 degree curb ejection across the track as always happens in this game - couldn't be arsed to carry on - not going to bother until the next build is out as the curbs ruin every race I have it seems.

I'm not staying in game in the pits because my GPU still sits at 97% etc...
Will stay in TS until the end though.

Man. Another race, another failure.
Started with the AMG, wanted revenge from the previous race.
I just could not get the car to behave. And when I finally did make it compliant, it was so sluggish I had no pace. 5 minutes before qually I switched to my prefered weapon of choice, the baentley.

Out of the gate I was quicker than I ever was in the AMG, still miles off of the pace though. Should've started with this car and worked out a set.
I just ended up with one of the defaults with some very minor changes for speed.

Qually I didn't set a proper lap, any decent lap I managed to understeer off a corner og get traffic.
I set a lap on the very last lap this time as well, and put the car 6th on the grid.

Just before the race started I lowered the front ARB one click, just to have some more mid-corner turn.

Into the race we go, run into t1 was interessting, I misjudged the braking zone and so I braked too early, which opened an opportunity for the car behind. I let off the brake again and angled myself steeper towareds the apex, and the slammed the brakes. This whole scene ended up with a hit to the rear bumper. Nothing major, but enough that my engineer told me I had damage. A racing incident in T1, I blame noone but myself for being more reactive than proactive.

Anyway, the result of this small incident, was a car that was oversteery everywhere. Last week understeer, this week oversteer. With the green track it just made everything worse. I just couldn't get the power down properly and it was so obvious when I was following James for the first few laps, that he'd just drive off of the corners. I had him on the brakes though, so that proved to be useful as he later made a mistake driving out of a corner. So I pounced.

Took the place, up to p4 and onwards.

A few laps later a ferrari spun infront of us and I was the up to p3. At first I thought maybe I could catch P2, but it's almost like I oversteered more in clear air than I did when driving behind James. Around this time, the guys in front picked up some more pace, and I just went slower and slower.

Playing around with the brake bias I managed to fix some corner entry oversteer, and that did get me down into the mid 55s. But just still not enough.

Meh. Another very frustrating race from my perspective, unfortunally.
I knew that this track was not my strongest either, but it's just annoying when you don't feel you have the car under you, and that there was more to be had.

Cheers for the good bit of racing I did have at the start of the race though :D
Maybe I should jump in the Audi ? hmmmmmmmmmmmmm............

Thanks for the race tonight, everyone!

A small reminder: be extra careful when rejoining the track, or when leaving the pit-lane.

Be patient when getting back on the track, and make sure you are clear to go when you do. A good way of knowing who is coming on the track is to have a look at your Multi-function Display (MFD) on the page with the live time gaps to the cars ahead and behind, so that you can figure out when you will have a window of time to get back on the track safely :thumbsup:

Next week we are going to Monza, see you all there ;)

Had random 90 degree curb ejection across the track as always happens in this game - couldn't be arsed to carry on - not going to bother until the next build is out as the curbs ruin every race I have it seems.

I'm not staying in game in the pits because my GPU still sits at 97% etc...
Will stay in TS until the end though.
Sorry for the start mess, stalled the fiat uphill trying to get it going and the starter did not work immediately. Not had that for long time, what a rookie error, ffs.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back