ACC Blancpain GT @ Kyalami - Thursday 20th February 2020

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Well this was a great learning race!
Having spent less than 30 minutes on this track before entering the server for 30 minute practice, i had never really put together a good lap here. Thought i would tug along at the back, to spend the race actually learning the track. Everything went better than expected, and i somehow finished 4th.

And in comes the last 15 minutes;
As a desk mounted boi, my pedals are placed just on the floor. To keep them from tipping over when i brake, i have a brilliant "setup" with books and magazines squeezed between the pedals back plate and the wall.
With 15 minutes left, the pedals started drifting out to the side, and my beloved magazines went sliding out from the back, resulting in me having to use the pedals with my legs at a very awkward angle, while trying to move both the pedals and my magazine system around with my feet. I'll have to come up with a better system :roflmao:
Well done for holding it together.
I also run a desk rig, but with a few mods. Office chair fixed to the desk with webbing straps quick release buckles, 4 transducers on the seat, a pedal sloped pedal platform with 2 transducers. DIY button box and dashboard screen from a old smartphone. no magazines and books needed.

Nice race last night. Too bad I had no battles with anyone but I'm happy with the pace. I was lucky in the first laps after hitting the yellow sausage of the penultimate corner. I have reached 98 of CN. Congratulations to @Michael Rudolf for the unattainable step. Thanks @Ricoow and see you soon
Yup! you are not the only one that got eaten by the dreaded yellow sausage!! both Mr P Glover and I got bitten there too. :confused:

Well done for holding it together.
I also run a desk rig, but with a few mods. Office chair fixed to the desk with webbing straps quick release buckles, 4 transducers on the seat, a pedal sloped pedal platform with 2 transducers. DIY button box and dashboard screen from a old smartphone. no magazines and books needed.

That sounds like a great setup! Making a wallstopper for whatever pedals i get next should be possible to do rather easily i believe. Looking at either the Clubsport V3's or the new loadcell Thustmaster ones (With some voucher i have, i get those for 50 bucks). And if i remove the god damn wheels on my office chair, i don't need the support of the sofa behind me to keep me from rolling around :roflmao:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 21 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 17 20.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 10.7%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.0%