ACC Blancpain GT @ Bathurst - Sunday 9th February 2020

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
After my self inflicted troubles I was well behind and did come across this same blue flag thing. On my out lap and a bit slower I had a couple of cars come up and with blue flags I let them though but I kept up with them and realized that I was faster so down Conrod I breezed by and went on my way. Yeah! It is extremely difficult to let faster cars through up on the mountain. You can quite easily loose it and hit the wall!

• Deleted member 387850

Thanks for uploading, I'd meant to review this after the race but didn't get a chance!

So I'm the Porsche #36 in question in the first incident and essentially I got the jump on the car ahead of me when the lights went green. Unfortunately a car was coming up on my right and I didn't think I'd room to my left so I had to lift slightly which caught the car following me by surprise and resulted in the incident.

Obviously looking at this slowed down and from heli cam my lift looks much more dramatic than it was, but it was probably a bad choice! I probably did have room to move to the left of the car in front, but again hard to judge that from the cockpit. I also didn't want to be dive-bombing the inside into T1!

One additional thing is that start widget was completely new to me and I found it very distracting! My view of the car in front was obscured by something flashing at me to watch my speed so I when the lights turned green and it disappeared I'd no idea where I was in relation to the start line which I assume you're not meant to pass before.

Would be good to get your feedback @Riccow on what I could do better next time! Lifting at a start is clearly a recipe for disaster but the other alternatives didn't look so good either!

I will add that although I found the widget a bit distracting, I loved the full rolling start. Really ups the excitement levels and is an important part of the race. Hopefully they can tweak the implementation a bit!

Would be good to get your feedback @Riccow on what I could do better next time! Lifting at a start is clearly a recipe for disaster but the other alternatives didn't look so good either!
Usually we don't discuss incidents in public, but for now I'll allow it as it raises some good questions on which we all benefit I'd say and nobody is pointing fingers. There was enough room on the left after all and if you are scared of dive bombs, just brake early and create room on the inside. I understand this is hard to see and might have been unavoidable. A tip I got during my drivers Ed on the motorbike was to slightly tap a brake when you lift to show you are slowing down.
This is a perfect example of tailgating gone wrong btw. The car behind should also try to look further ahead than just your rear wing. He could then see what you might do, it's a matter of being more careful as rear-ending guy in the end

One additional thing is that start widget was completely new to me and I found it very distracting! My view of the car in front was obscured by something flashing at me to watch my speed so I when the lights turned green and it disappeared I'd no idea where I was in relation to the start line which I assume you're not meant to pass before.

I will add that although I found the widget a bit distracting, I loved the full rolling start. Really ups the excitement levels and is an important part of the race. Hopefully they can tweak the implementation a bit!
I think that from the moment the lights go green (because the race leader started the 1st lap), everybody is allowed to overtake (even if you didn't yet cross the start line). :)
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Usually we don't discuss incidents in public, but for now I'll allow it as it raises some good questions on which we all benefit I'd say and nobody is pointing fingers. There was enough room on the left after all and if you are scared of dive bombs, just brake early and create room on the inside. I understand this is hard to see and might have been unavoidable. A tip I got during my drivers Ed on the motorbike was to slightly tap a brake when you lift to show you are slowing down.
This is a perfect example of tailgating gone wrong btw. The car behind should also try to look further ahead than just your rear wing. He could then see what you might do, it's a matter of being more careful as rear-ending guy in the end
Thanks for taking this video as it was intend and everyone is taking it that way too. I must admit from what I see everyone in this ACC Club racing has good intentions and it is really nice to hear the thanks when you let a faster car through.

Last edited:
Thanks for uploading, I'd meant to review this after the race but didn't get a chance!

So I'm the Porsche #36 in question in the first incident and essentially I got the jump on the car ahead of me when the lights went green. Unfortunately a car was coming up on my right and I didn't think I'd room to my left so I had to lift slightly which caught the car following me by surprise and resulted in the incident.

Obviously looking at this slowed down and from heli cam my lift looks much more dramatic than it was, but it was probably a bad choice! I probably did have room to move to the left of the car in front, but again hard to judge that from the cockpit. I also didn't want to be dive-bombing the inside into T1!

I don't think you did anything wrong there. Being careful at the start is a good thing, you never know what happens some cars ahead that you barely see and this track is quite narrow. I actually messed my start up a bit as well cause I was in the wrong gear and did notice that only when things were already going. I was lucky Geof did not get away super well next too me either so I was able to block the inside.

. A tip I got during my drivers Ed on the motorbike was to slightly tap a brake when you lift to show you are slowing down.
Good tip indeed. I often use something like that at first corners after the start. I do brake a bit earlier than neccessary for bit and then let the car continue to roll until I have to finally brake fully. That way I get a bit more space ahead and flexibility to react without loosing time.

Thanks for taking this video as it was intend and everyone is taking it that way too. I must admit from what I see everyone in this ACC Club racing has good intentions and it is really nice to hear the thanks when you let a faster car through.
Been here for a while now, I think quality is really high and everyone tries to do their best in avoiding incidents. Barely ever had reasons to complain :)

Ok. I have a question that has been bothering me since the race:

What kind of DF was being run? I ask because there was a kid on a scooter than blew by me on Conrod Sunday.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 141 86.0%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 27 16.5%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 25 15.2%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 20 12.2%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 50 30.5%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 58 35.4%