big mod and multi parts upload

Next GTR2 HQ Anniversary Patch will be much bigger and, due to 500Mo upload limit (well maybe Premium members could be unlocked or get higher limit but I am ok as is, that is not my problem today), so I will make a 7zip archive split in 3 parts and this leads to 2 questions :

1) is it possible to enable multi upload parts on same thread instead of creating 3 different threads with part1/part2/part3 ?
I mean like it works with attached files here, we could upload mod part1, mod part2 and mod part3 in a row then 3 download buttons for each part could be displayed on same page.

2) can you enable the recognition of multiple parts 7zip archive extensions please ?
When I make a split 7zip archive with 500Mo then I get 3 parts :
gtr2_hq_anniversary_patch.7z.001
gtr2_hq_anniversary_patch.7z.002
gtr2_hq_anniversary_patch.7z.003
But at the moment 7z.00x files are not recognized by RD uploader so I just cannot upload them.

Last edited:
1) needs some deep work so I can understand that, but 2) costs nothing for RD (well @Dave Stephenson :) ) as this is a simple string line where you have uploadable extension file names "rar, zip, 7zip" and you just have to add 7z.001, 7z.002, 7z.003 new recognized extensions so string becomes "rar, zip, 7zip, 7z.001, 7z.002, 7z.003"

1) needs some deep work so I can understand that, but 2) costs nothing for RD (well @Dave Stephenson :) ) as this is a simple string line where you have uploadable extension file names "rar, zip, 7zip" and you just have to add 7z.001, 7z.002, 7z.003 new recognized extensions so string becomes "rar, zip, 7zip, 7z.001, 7z.002, 7z.003"
Well in fact #1 is more a case of what impact it would have, I think (plenty of consequences both technical and other).
#2 is indeed simpler in many respects, but how far do we go with the digits? Is 3 enough? If 3-ish is indeed enough then I'm happy to do that...

At the moment I just need 3 7zip compressed parts so I will be grateful if you just add 001, 002, 003 recognized extensions in RD mod uploader ;)

Last edited:
thanks for telling me.
Nope, not yet as I haven't finished hq anniversary patch v16 : should be released for the 16 years anniversary of GTR2 on september 10...but this is could be a problem if 7z.00x is not recognized as uploadable file :(

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.