Tracks Biķernieki Race Track

Hi, all!
Last two days I have been working on the oldest layout in Bikernieki racing complex. This is the other of two distict original layouts called 'Ring of Skill' (Meistarības Aplis in Latvian) and was finished in June of 1966. The road is narrower (~8m) and primarily was aimed at motorcycle racing, while "High Speed Ring" would be more suitable for car racing.
There is some variation in elevation throughout this layout, most notably "The Witch kettle" has steep relief change and tight corners, and is recently beloved by drift enthusiasts.

So far I have managed to get the road surface feel really nice. I have started to plant roadside objects. And I will start planting pines and bushes soon. Here are some screenshots from development.

moto_2.jpg
moto_3.jpg
moto_4.jpg
moto_5.jpg
moto_6.jpg

This looks incredibly well :) The last screen looks like from real life. How do you get such shading to blender, looks almost like you are running AC in blender.

I think it will be super nice to race with smaller lower power cars.

This looks incredibly well :) The last screen looks like from real life. How do you get such shading to blender, looks almost like you are running AC in blender.

I think it will be super nice to race with smaller lower power cars.
Thanks for quick reply :)
It is a super simple lighting system I use -
- Sun lamp with white or warm color and power ~2.0 - 3.0
- Hemi pointing down with color of the sky (indirect skylight) power of ~1.0
- Hemi pointing up, color of ground (usually warm brownish) power of ~0.3
try it, it always makes things look natural and sets them nicely in the scene.

http://devlog-martinsh.blogspot.com/2011/08/simple-and-efficient-skylight-setup.html
skylight_together.jpg

Wow that new layout looks great! I love that kind of elevation changes and blind corners. The current version is already one of my favourites, this track will be epic!

Wow these pics look amazing. Will you create historical trackside objects or keep it as a modern looking circuit?
I will make it exactly as it is currently in real life. At one point I will also make historic version of the race track based on photos and videos. Although I have to say that not that much has changed since 80s, there is literally asphalt and nature, no barriers, just a rusty fence separating the track and forest.

"Raganas Katls" love it, in lithuanian it is "Raganos Katilas". Looks like it could be plenty of fun, something similar to VIR patriot layout, really fun to race at.

Ohhhhhhhh my, the Ring of Skill looks beautiful. I'm a huge fan of narrower racing circuits so this looks absolutely perfect to me!!

Bikernieki is stunning, great combination of corners and nice subtle elevation changes. Thank you for bringing this track to AC, truly a masterpiece in real life and virtually !

Bikernieki is stunning, great combination of corners and nice subtle elevation changes. Thank you for bringing this track to AC, truly a masterpiece in real life and virtually !

+1

I Love the track and I even had the chance to join a server with the Primera at Bikernieki, that was simply awesome. Such a demanding and flowing track, good looking too. Congrats on the already masterpiece and cant wait for the future updates :)

Happy 2018!

Here is a small progress update.
I`m currently adding details here and there that will add some eyecandy and believability. Difference is subtle, but makes the track look more alive.

before adding trim and wear (0.4 release):
trim_before.jpg

after (upcoming 0.5 version):
trim_after.jpg

Other than that, I`ve been busy with other works, but now I`m heading for last sprint for the new configurations and final touches for 0.5.
So looks like 0.5 will be an end of January release.

Last edited:
This is a drift layout decorated by a guy probably named Jonathan :D, but provided to me by Phsx2. It was made for Virtual Drift Championship and guys were kind enough to let me include it in upcoming release. I am now reviewing the added assets, tweaking few details here and there and retouching textures to fit those more nicely in the environment.

Here are flat shaded, diffuse map only screenshots.
drift_2.jpg
drift_3.jpg

Last edited:
Today I finally worked on nicer ground materials. It took me a while to wrap my head around how AC deals with texures and materials, and after a whole day messing around, I think I got something.
Asphalt is a tricky surface to get to look right.
Bikernieki has 3 distinct types of asphalt - old, rough and a bit red-ish, newer - fine and more blueish, and a very new - dark slippery and smooth. It is important to visually identify each of them as grip level of each surface is different too.

I`m lazy so white line covers the seam
Screenshot_nissan_primera_btcc_bikernieki_22-1-118-21-1-18.jpg

tar patches on asphalt are very smooth so reflects the light more

Screenshot_nissan_primera_btcc_bikernieki_22-1-118-20-55-40.jpg

Screenshot_nissan_primera_btcc_bikernieki_22-1-118-20-53-21.jpg

Witch Kettle. In real life it is more lively and populated with grass and bushes, but I`ll leave it as it is for now.
Screenshot_nissan_primera_btcc_bikernieki_22-1-118-21-4-0.jpg

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea