Better curbs for Nurburgring

Tracks Better curbs for Nurburgring 2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
SkullC4ush3r submitted a new resource:

Better curbs for Nurburgring - A fresh coat of paint over the curbs

Like the Brands Hatch mod, this aims to make the kerbs look nicer and freshly painted. It also changes the gray kerbs on Nordschleife to be painted.
If you aren't a fan of the new textures then there's also the Vanilla version which changes only the gray kerbs to be painted.

View attachment 717951View attachment 717952View attachment 717953View attachment 717954View attachment 717955View attachment 717956[ATTACH...

Read more about this resource...

SkullC4ush3r updated Better curbs for Nurburgring with a new update entry:

Miscellaneous changes

• Small changes to textures and colors
  • Changed the dirty curb textures so they don't look appalling anymore
View attachment 730705View attachment 730706
  • Added some wear to Nords curbs + a bit of grass on the edge to break the dull, less organic look of the mesh (looks pretty good with default grass and also works very well with the Rich Summer skins and Green Winter)
View attachment 730708

Read the rest of this update entry...

Fixed the compatibility with modifications made by CSP

There's no need to download the update if you don't want to, just copy this in the ext_config.ini file located in ...\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\tracks\ks_nurburgring\skins\cm_skins.
Code:
[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_5]
DESCRIPTION = hides old bridge/gstand and add new objects
HIDE = sp1, Object056
FILE = ks_nurburgring.kn5
INSERT = Nurb2022.kn5
INSERT_AFTER = Object75654

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS=misc
DESCRIPTION=replace with texture from Nurb2022.kn5
RESOURCE_0=txDiffuse...

Righ now. ext.config file must be located in the extension folder.
The ext.config file is located in the skin's folder because I changed some parameters and textures. Having it located in the extension folder would make it apply those changes even when the skin isn't in use, and that's not what I want to do. I deleted the skin from my computer and reinstalled it, looks good for me. Could you tell me what exactly doesn't work? are the textures not applied, or maybe Grass FX isn't working?

Last edited:
The ext.config file is located in the skin's folder because I changed some parameters and textures. Having it located in the extension folder would make it apply those changes even when the skin isn't in use, and that's not what I want to do. I deleted the skin from my computer and reinstalled it, looks good for me. Could you tell me what exactly doesn't work? are the textures not applied, or maybe Grass FX isn't working?
For me it works when the ext.config file goes to the extension folder. It doesn't work in the skin folder.

Some big changes in the future

Well as big as it can get, it's just curbs after all. Still, something that I thought would be impossible (with it working online and all) was just made possible by me getting gut at CSP stuff (not really).

Thanks to user TheBigHase I started doing more research into CSP extensions and that enables me to do even more elaborate skins.

For now I can say for certain that I'll do at least 3 things: Improve the GP skin by not making the entry curb at Veedol chicane green,
[ATTACH...

Hi and thank you for your work!
Everything will also be compatible with Pyyer's extensions, right? Curbs already look much better than the old ones and that with the 6 red & white curbstones looks very promising. Cant wait!

Hi and thank you for your work!
Everything will also be compatible with Pyyer's extensions, right? Curbs already look much better than the old ones and that with the 6 red & white curbstones looks very promising. Cant wait!
I forgot to test that, I'll try it out tomorrow. It should be compatible, and if it isn't then I'll see what has to be changed in Pyyer's extension to make it work.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.