Resource icon

EA Sports WRC Better Crowd Atmosphere Audio 1

Login or Register an account to download this content
redsox78 submitted a new resource:

Better Crowd Atmosphere Audio - crowds

This is my first attempt to fix the games crowd audio. I like to use the external chase camera and I think crowd audio is far too quite and passive; people at the side of the track just mumbling!

To use this mod place the file into your .pak's folder, as with other mods. As a result you should hear a much more lively crowd! More cheering and horns like real WRC.

What did I do? With some help from Mengodriom I figured out how to extra the crowd audio. What I found when looking at the game...

Read more about this resource...

redsox78 updated Better Crowd Atmosphere Audio with a new update entry:

Verison 1.0

This is a better version; more energetic crowds, no dead space and less sudden cut off. Just place the 'crowds_P.pak' file into your paks folder, like other mods.

Beyond experimenting with having a smaller range of crowd sounds that repeat, or creating my own audio to use (I'll post instructions of how I did this incase someone can make better sounds), this is about as good a version I can make.

Also, I think this sounds best if you use the TV balance dynamic range option (regardless of...

Read the rest of this update entry...

If someone wants to try to do this yourself this is how, depending on if you want to use the included files, tweak them, or use your own (those bits are beyond me).

USING EXISITNG FILES (no audio file editing)
1. Using FModel (instructions elsewhere) extract the folder \WRC\Content\WwiseAudio\Windows
2. This will create a bunch of files. The crowd sounds are in crowds.bnk which is the only file you need.
3. Download BNKEditor (https://github.com/marieismywaifu/BNKEditor)
4. Use BNKEditor to open the .bnk file and extract the '.wem' files. There will be 250 files.
5. Download WWiseUnpacker (https://github.com/Vextil/Wwise-Unpacker)
6. Use WWiseUnpacker to convert all the '.wem' files to .ogg or .mp3 files.
7. Use any audio programme to access all the .ogg files. You'll find that all the files are in a random order, but are in sets of length, in groups of 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 seconds (and a single 9 second file)
8. Figure out which files you want to swap. I found the boring files that were 4,5,6,7 seconds (assuming anything shorter was not a problem). The files I changed were
(It might not be necessary to do all these, but it has worked for my mod).
9. Once you have found the better audio files, rather than mess around with converting, just use BNKEditor to extract other files that sound better, rename them to the ones you want to swap, and re-import them into the .bnk file, overwriting the dull files with the better ones. I have assumed you must use the same number of file, I have NOT tried using a different numbered file. YMMV!
10. Follow instructions elsewhere for how to make a modded .pak file using UnrealPak

OR...
EDITING THE FILES VERSION...
as above but jump to step 9
9. Use Wwise to edit the file you want to use (it will need to be in .wav format), using Wwise conversion to make the file into a '.wem file, then import the file into the .bnk again using BNKEditor.

The only editing I did is to try to increase the volume of existing files and that didn't cause any problems.

Hi does this work with cockpit camera as well? thanks
They are universal crowd sounds, so it should work, it depends how the developers have modelled the audio from the cockpit, but there is only one source of crowd in the game, so if you could hear the crowd in the cockpit in the past, you'll hear the new version now.

You know what it would be nice? Change the car sound from the outside view to onboard view. The engine and others car sounds ar really nice when the view is from capot or 3th person. It would be nice to have the same sound from the cockpit view.

Hi there - found this through Mengodriom's mod thread. I'm trying to do a similar file replacement but replace the soundtracks with the ones from DR2.0.

Do you know if following a similar process to what you did will work there? I'm not a modder in the slightest and have been struggling in Wwise before coming to look for help lol

Hi there - found this through Mengodriom's mod thread. I'm trying to do a similar file replacement but replace the soundtracks with the ones from DR2.0.

Do you know if following a similar process to what you did will work there? I'm not a modder in the slightest and have been struggling in Wwise before coming to look for help lol
I actually think the DR 2.0 crow sounds are in WRC. But the game is just not triggering them, if you listen to them all there are very similar sounds, if not the same files.

But yes, if you can export files into the wwise format and give them the right name, and overwrite the files in the current .pak it will work. Getting files converted in Wwise is a bit tricky, but there is a good guide here:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.