Best Newbie Online Racing Group/Game?

Hey yall...

Yall helped me a ton get my setup up and working a year ago, and i have been doing pure solitaire/AI racing since and have gotten decent. I am so far ONLY using Assetto Corsa. Also, love the vintage and open cockpit cars the most.

Now, looking for getting into online racing for the first time. I have found the Assetto Corsa discord groups of 'VAC (vintage AC)' and 'THR' (another vintage racing group). However, these seem to be pretty seriously experienced racers and i am guessing i won't be able to keep up well at all at first at least.

Also, i am finding it tough to race on the days of their races (i.e. Sat and Sun only). My usual time i have to race is at about 10-11:30 pm CST (Dallas Texas). So, had thought of maybe iRacing as my entry online racing path, since they have races start at all hours. However, haven't used iRacing at all yet, so Assetto Corsa is preferred if i can find a newbie oriented group that works. Also, iRacing sounds pretty generic, in that you won't get to know the other drivers well since there are 1000s of them, and also guessing it would be difficult in something like iRacing to get one on one type hand-holding/training

What are the best NEWBIE (non-alien) for someone new to online racing to join? I am wanting Assetto Corsa if possible (and again, love both vintage cars and open cockpit cars), but open to iRacing, RaceRoom, etc if that is the best way for a newb to get involved and not have to try and race serious vets in every race.

Ideas?

Thanks
Randy
:)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering