Best Bathurst Track

Hi Guys.
Just downloaded Assetto Corsa v 1.16.
I'm new to RD.
I'm also from Australia (no flames please :sneaky: ) and would really like to add Bathurst to the tracks.
I notice there are quite a few Bathurst tracks available in the AC downloads section.
Can anyone suggest (from experience) which one has the best graphics and physics?
Cheers

Just how can a laser scan of a place be a rip?

I thought a laser scan is essentially a topographical 3-D photograph.

Correct, laser scanning is not ripping, BUT turn10/Microsoft were the ones who scanned this particular track, built the game model and textured it for their Forza Motorsports games...

It was simply taken from their game, objects renamed to suit AC’s game engine, labeled as “reboot” and out to the world... therefore a “ripped” project as Tberg accurately described it as.

Hey mate fellow Aussie born in wollongong. Bathurst is really limited to be honest. Have a look at “Assetto Corsa Reboot Project”. They have recently released a laser scanned track conversion. It looks stunning but still requires heavy optimisation. The only other option is by ACU found here on this site. It has a number of “skins” available to enhance the feel. Enjoy

Hi Guys.
Just downloaded Assetto Corsa v 1.16.
I'm new to RD.
I'm also from Australia (no flames please :sneaky: ) and would really like to add Bathurst to the tracks.
I notice there are quite a few Bathurst tracks available in the AC downloads section.
Can anyone suggest (from experience) which one has the best graphics and physics?
Cheers

Welcome aboard John! No flames from me about Oz ... great beer, good folks, BEAUTIFUL girls, Vegemite and one of the best race tracks on the entire planet! Mt. Panorama is the home of some of the GODS of motor racing.

Last edited:
Just how can a laser scan of a place be a rip?

I thought a laser scan is essentially a topographical 3-D photograph.

Since the version is ripped from FH7, I guess Turn10 paid for the scan.
A laser scan is a laser scan, can be of anything, doesn't have to be topographical. Has nothing to do with 3D photography, but I understand it looks that way.

Thanks John and Troels. I appreciate your kind replies. I had not considered that somebody had to PAY for the laser scan.

FTR, I don't understand a lot about copyright so my question was for information, NOT to be snarky.

Last edited:
I really don't want a link ... I just want to know what the heck it is.
It's two guys which their original intention was to take abandoned AC track mods and fix them up. What it has now become is just a straight up track ripping site stealing tracks from various sources with varying levels of quality.

Last edited:
It's two guys which their original intention was to take abandoned AC track mods and fix them up. What it has now become is just a straight up track ripping site stealing tracks from various sources with varying levels of quality.
I have already discovered this site and downloaded Bathurst v.0.9.0.
My problem is that I have nearly used up my monthly download limit while downloading AC, so have to wait for the end of this period (26th Oct) before I can finish the AC download. :(
So even though I have already downloaded Bathurst V0.9.0 and Bathurst FM7, I still can't try them.

From this site I think I will also download Monaco 1966 and the more recent Monaco.
Even the simple scene shots show massive differences - barriers, old and new buildings, etc.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard John! No flames from me about Oz ... great beer, good folks, BEAUTIFUL girls, Vegemite and one of the best race tracks on the entire planet! Mt. Panorama is the home of some of the GODS of motor racing.
Thanks Tbear.:)
There is an area at Bathurst called "The Hill" where all the extreme rev-heads camp for the whole weekend. On Saturday might, after a day of drinking, all hell breaks loose, and only the brave (or very stupid) people would venture up there.
BTW, you forgot to mention the great wine (yes, I'm showing my age).

The night version is spectacular

20181006202401_1.jpg

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes