Bespoke Formula Abarth Steering Wheel

This is my third wheel in the Italian collection :)

Red leather this time, instead of suede, with yellow stitching.
Perfect for the Abarth colour scheme.

The usual awesome inputs, such as NKK buttons/toggles, CTS encoders, LeoBodnar Rotary Switches and Ascher aluminium magnetic shifters.
Also fitted with a SLI-Pro and some aluminium button guards and some sexy aluminium anodized rotary encoder knobs from HRS (all the way from Australia (mate!)).
Labels for the buttons pending.

Desgined so a lot of functions can be controlled with your two thumbs whilst keeping your hands on the wheel.

This is an absolutely beautiful wheel, nicely done!

I really admire these professional looking DIY wheels I see guys posting on here. The electronics don't scare me, but I have no idea how you make the rim/frame, and how you get the leather to look so nice.

Upvote 0
This is an absolutely beautiful wheel, nicely done!

I really admire these professional looking DIY wheels I see guys posting on here. The electronics don't scare me, but I have no idea how you make the rim/frame, and how you get the leather to look so nice.

Electronics dont scare me either, but leather upholstery does, thats why I buy the wheels ;)
This one comes from Italy, a sportline formula 280.

With countersunk holes in the wheel itself so you dont have the bolts sticking out through the CF:

Upvote 0
Electronics dont scare me either, but leather upholstery does, thats why I buy the wheels ;)
This one comes from Italy, a sportline formula 280.

With countersunk holes in the wheel itself so you dont have the bolts sticking out through the CF:

Ahhh I see, well that does solve that problem! :roflmao: Thanks for the info. So if you don't mind sharing, how are you making the carbon fiber box? 3D printing a mold then hand laying the CF? No problem if you don't want to spend the time to explain it though, I'm just curious!

Upvote 0
Ahhh I see, well that does solve that problem! :roflmao: Thanks for the info. So if you don't mind sharing, how are you making the carbon fiber box? 3D printing a mold then hand laying the CF? No problem if you don't want to spend the time to explain it though, I'm just curious!

No problem!
It’s even simpler than that.
They are two carbon fibre plates with a 3d printed frame in between.
But the 3d print is not structural.
Connection from QR to the wheel itself is 100% metal.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea