Resource icon

Tracks Bernese Alps AI + track boundaries 2019-02-23

Login or Register an account to download this content
AleDaRimini submitted a new resource:

Bernese Alps AI + track boundaries - Bernese Alps AI fastlane pitlane + track boundaries

This beautiful MOD came with no AI at all.
I recorded the track boundaries and the AI's pitlane and fastlane for the long layout.
There is still a small problem making the AIs slow down a little where the pitlane starts and intersects with the fastlane, but I wasn't able to sort it out yet.
If someone can improve it, it is surely welcome because this track deserves it.

Remove ".txt" from the filename and extract the zip.

Read more about this resource...

Whenever I change the .txt file into a zip, and try to open the zip, I get an error message saying that 'an attempt was made to move the file pointer before the beginning of the file', the zip just won't open! Are you sure you can't just put the files into a zip and upload it. Every other download on here is a zip, so I don't see why this one can't be.

Finally got it to open! I had to open the download link in a new private window, download the file and open the containing folder with my browser, only when I changed the view to show file extensions and I renamed the file was I able to open the zip, why I couldn't before is beyond me!

I'm sorry guys. A while ago I tried to upload some files in another MOD's support section and I was remembering that RD would not allow me to upload ZIP files directly. Obviously I was wrong, or maybe it is forbidden in the support section only, because all the people upload ZIP files everyday of course. Anyway, without even trying else, I made the mistake of uploading the ZIP renamed to TXT, then I realized it was not necessary, so I tried to update the file with a new ZIP but for whatever reason the download is still the old TXT one. I don't know how to use RD well, it is clear, and I apologize for this. You have to disable the "hide extensions" in the Windows Explorer options.

Found it on YouTube.

I don't have any problem with having ripped tracks in my personal collection as long as they are done well. Both Lime Rock and Bathurst (converted by the AC Track Reboot Team) are great, and we wouldn't have decent versions of those important tracks in AC without them. The Bathurst here on Race Department is also a conversion by ACU, and isn't as good as the AC Track Reboot one (in my personal opinion).

This one... just seems unfinished. Obviously the AI goes a long way to help, but it also needs to be optimised, have replay cams added and the hotlap starting position needs to be sorted out (I found these issues within five minutes of downloading the track).

Last edited:
i read in the updates someone fixed the ai slowing down at the end of a lap just before pitlanes etc, but for me they still slow down, is their a speperate update file i need to download, or is this fix implemented into the main download?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.