Benz Patent-Motorwagen (1886)

Cars Benz Patent-Motorwagen (1886) v. 0.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
SATLAB submitted a new resource:

Benz Patent-Motorwagen (1886) - The very first automobile, now on AC. And it has moustaches!

1886 Benz Patent-Motorwagen
(Velociped)

VERY IMPORTANT: You need to install CSP (Active car instruments) to play this car! Otherwise there won't be no any driver and throttle arm animation.

This is a mod I started almost 10 months ago. I recently had some spare time so I resumed the project, finished the 3D model and imported it into AC in a...

Read more about this resource...

Glad to confirm it fits under Oran's famous bridge - just about :D

Attachments

• Screenshot_benz_motorwagen_oran_park_lidar_13-10-121-20-15-9.jpg
    Screenshot_benz_motorwagen_oran_park_lidar_13-10-121-20-15-9.jpg
    483.5 KB · Views: 137
If you ever wanted to do the Daimler Motor Kutsche I could provide some photos from the Mercedes Museum, I just needed to go up into the exhibition during my coffee or lunch break :D

unfortunately i havent been able to give this car a go. its messing with my game somehow. not really sure how to explain it. i normally use csp settings to only allow cockpit view and one of the chase cams. when i load in with this car, i no longer have incar view available and instead have two different chase cams, ONE of which wont show the car moving and plays audio a few seconds after i do something like rev the engine. oddly enough, once i get out and try a different car, they all do the same thing. closing and reopening CM fixes it, and every car works fine until i try this one again, then it happens with all cars. if i try it in vr it just gives my a black screen, but i can still move my mouse to the bottom left and click exit. tried redownloading and reinstalling the car, no luck. anyone else have this issue? or am i just unlucky? its probably some bizarre bug with csp. who knows what it could be. for reference im using csp preview 136, the latest, but i also tried the latest public version and it did the same thing. i cant remember which version of sol it is but its the latest as of like a week ago.

unfortunately i havent been able to give this car a go. its messing with my game somehow. not really sure how to explain it. i normally use csp settings to only allow cockpit view and one of the chase cams. when i load in with this car, i no longer have incar view available and instead have two different chase cams, ONE of which wont show the car moving and plays audio a few seconds after i do something like rev the engine. oddly enough, once i get out and try a different car, they all do the same thing. closing and reopening CM fixes it, and every car works fine until i try this one again, then it happens with all cars. if i try it in vr it just gives my a black screen, but i can still move my mouse to the bottom left and click exit. tried redownloading and reinstalling the car, no luck. anyone else have this issue? or am i just unlucky? its probably some bizarre bug with csp. who knows what it could be. for reference im using csp preview 136, the latest, but i also tried the latest public version and it did the same thing. i cant remember which version of sol it is but its the latest as of like a week ago.
I sincerely don’t know what it could be… I developed the mod in CSP 1.74 public release. Maybe it has some problems because this car doesn’t have a COCKPIT ? Or it’s because of the new driver?

I tried clearing Quiddelbacher Hohe for around 15 minutes, including the GT4 method but I was nowhere close. I found that this section had a nasty camber near the top which I don't think was there in GT4, which makes the whole thing even harder. The AC car is surprisingly strong as long as you manage to keep the revs high, but once you drop below 6-7kph you're pretty much done. You can zig zag a bit, play a bit with the crown of the road to keep the revs up, but it won't do much on big inclines. Starting at all outside of flat/downhill surfaces is very hard. If you don't clear something on first attempt it usually means you're in big trouble.

I still got this high on Union Island though, so I can't complain too much :D

Attachments

• Screenshot_benz_motorwagen_union_island_17-10-121-15-20-57.jpg
    Screenshot_benz_motorwagen_union_island_17-10-121-15-20-57.jpg
    611.7 KB · Views: 79
I tried clearing Quiddelbacher Hohe for around 15 minutes, including the GT4 method but I was nowhere close. I found that this section had a nasty camber near the top which I don't think was there in GT4, which makes the whole thing even harder. The AC car is surprisingly strong as long as you manage to keep the revs high, but once you drop below 6-7kph you're pretty much done. You can zig zag a bit, play a bit with the crown of the road to keep the revs up, but it won't do much on big inclines. Starting at all outside of flat/downhill surfaces is very hard. If you don't clear something on first attempt it usually means you're in big trouble.

I still got this high on Union Island though, so I can't complain too much :D
Well, I kind of found a way; but it takes north of 25 minutes; and that's mashing it in-and-out of neutral like a noob playing with Manual Transmission for the first time, and this is with auto-clutch on.

I held down the accelerator, bumped it into Drive, then bumped it back down to Neutral when the Speedo went from 1 to 0, and repeated that in a rhythm. You only go like a couple cms at a time with each successful shift like this so it is quite torturous.

Ex-Muhle and Hohe Acht are even worse, Ex-Muhle especially so.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 15 22.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 7.4%